Teasing

⚠️Self harm, mentions of abuse, addiction⚠️

"What? Are you his boyfriend?" Rio leans towards me, sticking her tongue out playfully. I've said it enough!

"No!" I step back. She looks surprised?! How is this surprising?! I told her to stop!

"What's wrong?" Oh so now you want to act caring.

"You're making fun of me!"

"No I'm not!"

"Well it really feels like it." My knees give and I collapse, holding myself against the wall. I can't cry now. I can't cry in front of her.

"Why?" She sits next to me and places a gentle hand on my back, massaging in calming circles.

"It's not true, and no matter how much I want it to be, it's never going to happen. So stop teasing me with it."

"...Nagisa... I'm so sorry. I didn't know you felt that way."

"I told you before. You didn't listen."

-/-/-

"KARMA AKABANE OPEN THIS DOOR IMMEDIATELY IF YOU WANT TO LIVE TO SEE ANOTHER DAY!" A sharp kick sound startles me out of bed. Is that... Nakamura's voice? What the hell. It's two in the morning! I jog down the stairs after fixing my shirt.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I comb my hair back with my fingers. She pushes past me and sits on my couch. She looks at the chair across from her, then back at me. She's telling me to sit in my own living room? She begins in a harsh tone.

"What I say now doesn't leave this room, got it?" Is she actually threatening me?

"Yea, whatever." How serious can this possibly be, I mean, it's Nakamura.

"It's Nagisa. He likes you." How can she sound so calm?!

"What?" Since when?! How come he didn't tell me?! I had to hear from Rio! What the hell?!

"Karma, he is my friend, and so help me if you mess him up I will do the same to you." She stands to leave.

"Wait! You're just going to tell me that without context?! What else do you know?" This is my best friend I'm talking about here. If I'm going to ask him out I need to know more.

"I know that I made him upset by asking if you were his boyfriend. He cried because he thought it would never happen. And it might not. But I think you need to be aware of his feelings." She doesn't turn around, instead speaking directly to the door. He cried?! I've seen him shed a tear maybe once!

"I'll make it happen. I think..." What if he really doesn't want to go out with me? What if it was just something he was unsure of. Oh no, what have I done?

"Good."

-/-/-

Now I just have to talk to him. He's right there! I talk to him every day! This should be easy.

"Nagisa." He turns around, looking up from his half-packed bag.

"Karma! I was wondering why Rio keeps mumbling about you. Did you do something?" He returns to shoving papers and pens into their proper pockets.

"I actually think it was something I haven't done." I hold my neck. This is much more difficult than planed.

"I see. Was it a bet?" He grabs his bag and starts walking like we usually would.

"Uh- No! No. She was telling me something to get me to do something else and uh-"

"Blackmail? She must really want something."