Hypnosis

Hypnosis? Can I really even call it that. It's a simple mind trick. I didn't even mean to start it, but... holy shit does it feel awesome.

Nagisa is curled up on my chest, arms wrapped around me and breathing soft. I pull the blanket up higher. How did I even get this lucky?

-/-/-

"U-um he said to call you if I needed help. I think the effects will last longer than I can watch him for." Okuda gestures to a sitting Nagisa.

"What did he test this time?" I know he likes helping her but this is getting excessive. He's going to get hurt one day.

"W-well it's hard to explain. He still has his opinion, he's just more complacent. He just won't say no, I guess." She shuffles back, holding her arms to her chest, examining the floor.

"I'll watch him." I go to hold his hand. "Is that okay with you?" I pause, just before I touch him.

"Yes!" He clings to my arm.

"Like that!" She smiles and lets us on our way.

-/-/-

I hold his hand all the way back to my place. He hasn't let go of me yet and it's getting to me. He's too cute for his own good. I might have to ask him to cuddle or something.

"I'm kind of hungry." He looks down the road at the shops near me.

"Do you want to eat there?" I point to a nice shop I like to go to for quick snacks.

"Sure!"

"Wait- uhm- I mean, is there somewhere you'd like to eat?"

"Well I could go for some noodles."

-/-/-

"Nagisa... tell me the truth." I set my lunch on the side table of the couch before turning to him.

"Mhm!" He also sets down his meal, mumbling over a mouth of soba.

"Then, if you wanted to, would you like to kiss me?" I should have phrased it better. I want to know if he's attracted to me. If he is then we could date, right?

"Yea!" I look up just in time to see him flying towards me.

"Wait-!" He steadies himself on my shoulders before pressing his lips to mine, pushing himself off again quickly. He just lays on my chest, smiling. "Nagisa, I didn't mean to say that!" I didn't want him to kiss me! I mean, I did, but not like this! I wanted it to be out of free will!

"Shhhh, just lay down." He smiles, putting a finger to my lips.

"But-" His smile falters as I try to sit up.

"I'm trying to nap." He leans down onto my chest.

"Nagi-" I take one last chance for him to hate me, and to prop myself on my elbows.

"Okuda said I won't remember, so just forget it." He's... sad?

"But what if you remember?" I'm torn between wanting him to and never wanting to mention it again.

"It'll be fine."

"Nagisa I didn't mean to do that to you."

"Just shut up and cuddle with me. I won't remember a thing."

-/-/-

"I'm going to kill you!" My eyes snap open to see something heading straight for my face. I throw myself to the side, then realizing that Nagisa had been sitting on me.

"Whoa!" I lose my balance and roll us both off the couch.

"You know that wasn't really consent! You did all of that... How dare you?!" He pushes against my chest in a fury before covering his face with his arms. Oh, fuck, is he crying?!

"Nagisa, I didn't mean to!" I go to grab one of his hands.

"You told me to kiss you!" He slaps it away.

"I asked if you wanted to kiss me. I never intended to make you do anything you didn't want to do." I really didn't. Please, Nagisa, believe me.

"Well I still acted like a fool! Why would you do that?" He hits the arms that are supporting me over him again.

"I'm sorry! I wanted to see if you liked me! I didn't want to make you do anything." He's going to hate me!

"Why'd you want to know, huh?! Too make fun of me?!" Oh shit, he is crying.

"Because I like you, okay!" This wasn't a prank, I wasn't messing with you, I love you!

"Bullshit!" He knees up into my gut. I ignore it.

"Nagisa! Please... just listen to me. I wanted to know if you liked me. I love you. I wasn't sure how to phrase that question and I'm sorry. That's on me. If you want to forget it ever happened, or if you hate me now, fine, but let me know. I need to know how you feel." Thank goodness the tears have stopped.

" I feel like you're an idiot." He turns onto his side beneath me.

"Nagisa..." I pull my knees in, sitting up and putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Let me think about it." He doesn't hit me away, so I hand him a pillow and pull the blanket off the sofa. Hopefully this can be fixed with a nap.

-/-/-

Extra little bittle

"It seems the only memories you retain are during high levels of hormonal activity." Okuda jots down notes.

"So dopamine was going off when you did that. Hm?"

"Karma!"