Mermaid AU

I encourage comments and take requests!

??? POV

"Land! I see land! Turn you fool!" Somebody from the birds nest shouts.
"There's nothing there idiot!"
"It's rocks! Turn away!"
"Too late! Brace yourselves!"

Is it really a surprise that we're sinking? I mean, this was a suicide mission anyway. I stand on the shaking floor and grab my bag of belongings. Kicking down the wall, I pull the wood away and head for the deck.

"I hate you all! I'm jumping so don't hold me back!" I throw the wood to the water.

"Good riddance!" The captain shouts at all of the abandoning soldiers. Unlike them, I planned my escape. They were simply jumping to their death. I packed rations and made a raft. Tsh, idiots.

-/-/-

I've been floating alone for only five hours and I'm dying...of boredom! It's killing me! Honestly, where is the whole "stuck in a storm" or "chased by sharks" thing. I thought I would be dead by now. Damn I am bored. All I can do is lay on this piece of wood and wait.

"Oi! You! What the hell are you doing out here?" Someone shouts. Great, I can entertain myself with voices.

"We were told no direct contact!" Another voice wines.

"Great. Now I'm crazy." I mumble to myself and roll onto my stomach.

"It's fine! She just thinks we're hallucinations."

"That doesn't make it any better!"

"Awe shut up Isogai! Lets just mess with her a little!" The voices in my head are fighting. Great.

"Karma-kun don't!"

"Hey lady! What's your name?" My raft takes a sudden hit, causing me to jump up. I look for the source of commotion, only to find a red head, half in the water, half on my raft.

"What the bloody hell?!" I scoot away until I'm on the opposite edge of the wood.

"I believe I asked you a question first." He smirks.

"M-my name is Nagisa Shiota." I move closer to the apparition.

"I'm Karma Akabane. How's it going?" He jumps onto my makeshift raft, showing off the red tail starting at his hips.

"I'm currently hallucinating some hot Merman probably from dehydration and I'm bored as fuck, other than that." I hold in screams as I stare at the crimson scales. It's just so beautiful.

"Did you here that Yumma? She thinks I'm Hot!" Karma shouts into the distance.

"Huh?" I guess I did say that... well I didn't lie. Wait did he just say 'she'? "I-I'm a boy."

"What? Really? You're lying." He glares leaning over me. So he isn't a hallucination.

"I-I'm not! I swear!" I try to push him away. He simply pushes me down like it's no big deal, his body between my legs and his head above mine.

"Hmmm fine. You're pretty cute too you know." His face gets closer and mine gets hotter.

"Th-thanks I guess..."

"Wanna be my boyfriend?" He asks with a really excited tone.

"W-we just met!"

"I don't care." He shrugs and locks his lips with mine. I couldn't push him away or back up so I'm stuck until he breaks for me.

"What was that?!" I blush, attempting to back away without falling into the water.

"Well we usually call it a kiss. I'm not so sure about the human traditions though." He licks his lips and leans in again. I lean away and, of course, flip the raft over, leaving me dead in the cold water. "Well I guess we could take this underwater." He smirks and swims after me, wrapping his warm tail around my legs, kissing me. "Just breath. It's okay." He puts a soft hand to my cheek.

I open my mouth a bit, allowing water to flood it. It wasn't as uncomfortable as it usually would be. He grabs my sides and I take a sharp breath, flooding my lungs. It didn't sting and I felt like I had just taken a breath of air. What?

"I told you so. That's a sirens kiss for you." He winks, giving me a peck on the lips.

"Akabane! What do you not understand about no direct contact?!" A taller merman with spiky black hair that matches his tail swims up to us.

"Aweee come on! Look at this harmless face!" He pinches my cheeks.

"You went against my instructions!"

"But he gave me this." Karma holds out his arm for inspection. It seemed normal, other than the blue snake tattoo near his wrist. The tall one inspects it before letting out a sigh.

"Fine. If that's really what happened you can keep him." The man rolls his eyes and swims off. What is that?

"So I bet you're wondering what's happening." The red head turns to me again. I nod franticly. "You can breath underwater, therefore you can speak. Just ask me on the way to my house."

"Your house?! Keep me? What does the tat have to do with me?!!" I awkwardly shout. It feels weird to allow water into my body so freely.

"Well I'm taking you to my house so we can talk about all of this. As for keeping you," he licks his lips again, holding my face near his roughly. "I think you know what that means."

"What, I'm your pet now?"

"Yea. That's one way to think of it." He grabs my hand and continues swimming.

"But I don't want to be your pet!"

"Then you're my boyfriend."

A/n HEYYYYOOOOO! IM BACK BITCHES! LOOK AT THIS REGULAR UPDATING SCHEDULE!

A/n I was revising this and I just realized it sounds like Karma is takaoka