Going Back

I woke up feeling drowsy. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I got out of bed and grabbed some clothes and went to the bathroom to change. 

I left the bathroom and grabbed my suitcases

I left the bathroom and grabbed my suitcases. I left my room and walked into the living room. I saw everyone awake and ready to go.

   " Ready? " Dylan asked me.

I nodded and we started heading for the airport. As soon as we got on the plane to head back I plugged my headphones in and started listening to music...

I looked out the window as our flight took off. I leaned my head against the chair and fell asleep. By the time I woke up we were only a few minutes away from landing. I took my headphones off and got prepared to get off the plane. When I was finished getting ready I got off and got my stuff from the plane. I said goodbye to Dylan and Melene as I walked out of the airport. I pulled my phone out and called for a taxi. They came quickly.

   " Can you take me to EX Hotel? "

   " Sure. "

I got in and he drove me to the hotel. I paid him and got out when we got there. I grabbed my room key and went to the 5th floor. My phone started ringing in my pocket and I saw that it was Alex.

   " Hey, Alex. "

   " Hey, Y/n. I just wanted to say that your car is going to be dropped off at the pizzeria before you get there with the key in it. So you can drive home. "

   " Thank you. Where is the new location? "

   " Same place as the old one. "

   " Why would you put it in the same location? "

   " Couldn't find any new land to put it. "

   " Okay, I'll be there around 12. "

   " Good. I'll leave your uniform in the office. "

   " Okay. Bye. "

I hung up and started to unpack. I put everything away and started making dinner. Since I'm back I don't need Melene or Dylan to check my stress levels or give me my sleep medicine. When I was done I sat on my couch and turned the TV on. Nothing interesting was on so I  just stuck with " America's Got Talent. "

   " YES! You let him go through to the next level! WOW! "

I set my plate down and checked the time. 11:30. I might want to start walking. I stood up and left my apartment locking the door. When I got to the building I noticed it was bigger. I opened the door and started walking through the building. I heard the bell go off signaling that the night shift had begun. I kept walking to the office and when I made it there I noticed there was no door but there were two vents. As I walked into the room I saw a man sitting there holding the tablet.

   " Hello? "

He looked up and I noticed his blue eyes shining brightly. He had black hair and was already wearing the uniform. I kept walking forward until I made it into the lit room. 

   " Excuse me, sir. Are you my partner? "

He didn't say anything. He just stood up and walked closer to me. i looked at his name tag.

   ' Mike Schmidt '

He was now right in front of me.

   " You're really close. "

   " Do you not remember me? "

   " Am I supposed to? "

He held my arms and stared straight into my eyes.

   " What did they do to you? "

   " What? "

   " What do you remember? "

   " I worked at the first pizzeria and then some incident occurred where a man broke in and tried to kill me. They sent me away to test my stress and make sure I sleep. "

   " How did they do that? "

I didn't know why, but I felt like I could trust him.

   " When I was there They tested my stress each night to make sure it was low before I came here it was 2.5 I believe. They would also give me a shot every night. The shot would make me go to sleep. I hated it so I would always struggle because it hurt so much. " 

He just stared at me and I laughed a little.

   " They treated me like I was crazy. I always thought they put something in the shot to make me forget what actually happened. I know something more happened, but it was always a theory. "

   " No no no. You're right. You knew me before you went there. We were really close. We lived in the same house because my landlord kicked me out and...I still live there today. We were partners before you left. "

   " Good to know. You'll have to take me there so I can see if I remember anything. "

   " I-I will..."

He just stared at me. Then he leaned his head on mine and whispered.

   " I can't believe they made you forget. "

Before I could respond I heard footsteps behind me. Mike obviously knew what it was and he dragged me to the desk. We stood behind the desk and Mike grabbed the flashlight and flashed it in the hallway. What I saw made me feel.....terrible...and....maybe heartbroken.....but why?

   " Y/n? "