Chapter Fifty-Five: The Hunt for the Rogue Prince

On-board Petra's Ship...
Austin's POV

Austin: Where's the body?

Petra: In the back, lying on a table.

Inside Petra's ship, as we headed back to Earth, I walked around in search of the exo's body. Finding him, I felt my heart skip a beat as I saw the bullet hole through his metallic head, above his horn, as well as the damage he sustained from before.

Cayde

Cayde...

Placing my hand onto the Hunter's chest, a small envelope fell out from his pockets into the floor.

Hmm?

Picking it up from the floor, I flipped it around to see a simple line written on the cover: "To Whom it May Concern".

Cayde's usually not the type to write letters.

Ghost: Well... let's find out.

As I opened the letter, Ghost came out and began scanning the letter as I read it in silence.

"To whom it may concern,

Firstly, how's my hair?"

Looking back at the Exo, I rolled my eyes in amusement.

Yeah, he wrote this. Anyways....

"Jokes aside, if you're reading this letter, then I have gotten myself in a situation where death has finally caught up with me, preferably outside of the city walls. In death, I do not ask for much, as I've lived a grand rebirth. All I ask is that I be buried with my weapon beside me, and with my hood in one piece."

Looking back at the body once more, I saw his hood was tattered, but in one piece. As for his revolver, I found no signs of it's whereabouts.

"To those who've killed me and my Ghost, all I can say is congrats, and good riddens. To those who I've left behind: Little Red, the Sassy One, The Cat Girl, the Heiress, The Titan, who I keep forgetting his name. Lord Saladin and the Iron Lords, Lord Shaxx, and to all the others I've known in the Tower.
All I can really ask is this:
Tell Zavala and Ikora that this gig, this responsibility they handed down to me, was the best bet I've ever lost."