Chapter Eight: Discovery

Training Room...
Austin's POV

Over the past week I had learned the basics of every known Grimm along with faunuses; Pretty much humans with animalistic traits. They sounded a hell of a lot cooler than the Exos, or even the Awoken, though they are treated just the same.

In the Training Area, we watched as Jaune was getting his ass kicked by Cardin. As Cardin was about to deliver the final blow, Ms. Goodwitch ended the match, with a lecture about auras and about the Vytal Festival Tournament. Something I really had no real interest in. The class itself came to an end, and with that, we went to lunch. Nora was telling us a totally real story. 

Nora: It was in the middle of the night.

Ren: It was day.

Nora: We were surrounded by Ursai.

Ren: Beowulves.

Nora: Dozens of them!

Ren: Two.

Nora: But they were no match! And in the end, Ren and I took them down and made a boat load of Lien selling Ursa skin rugs.

Ghost: Well that was... Interesting.

It was something.

Pyrrha: Jaune... Are you okay?

Jaune: Yeah. I'm fine. Look at me. See?

Austin: Your smile is more fake than Cayde's stories.

Blake: Cayde?

Whoops.

Austin: A hunter I knew growing up.

Blake: Never heard of him.

You don't want to.

Austin: Wasn't expecting you to.

I look back at what Jaune was seeing and saw team CRDL with a rabbit faunus.

The hell are they doing?

Pyrrah: Jaune. You've let Cardin pick on you since the first week of school.

Juane: Cardin. Nah. He just likes to mess around.

Ruby: He's a bully.

And there it is.

Jaune: He's not just a jerk to me. He's a jerk to everyone.

Everyone noticed he was pulling on the young woman's ears.

???: Ow! That hurts!

Cardin: See? I told you they were real.

Goddamn idiots...

I stood up.

Ruby: Austin? What are you doing?

I approached them. I forgot my gloves, but at the time I didn't care. The metallic hand grabbed his left wrist, loosing his grip of the fauns's ears while my normal hand grabbed his head and slammed it against the table.