Chapter Thirty-Nine: The Pure Against the Corrupt

Austin's POV.  The Immortal.

I found myself on a rising platform with no idea where I was heading. The place reminded me of the Hellmouth; Of Crota; Of Oryx; And yet, it was different in its own way, like as if....

Ghost: Something's wrong.

Austin: How bad?

Ghost: Extremely wrong.

Austin: Can't ressurect?

Ghost: I can only regenerate your shields. That's it. You get hurt, it's over.

Austin: Like Crota's presence?

Ghost: Replace the darkness with corrupted light and you got it.

Austin: Nice to know.

Ghost: Not exactly nice to know, but-.

As the platform stopped, I ended up on top of the Immortal. My eyes widened as memories of Crota's throne came back to me.

Ghost: Guardian?

Ghost went inside my head as he too, saw the flashbacks.

Ghost: Oh no...

I pushed my thoughts aside as I begun to walk forward, walking towards the corrupted light

I pushed my thoughts aside as I begun to walk forward, walking towards the corrupted light. As I continued forward, Legionaires and Centurions began to appear, though instead of firing their weapons, they formed a path towards the other side.

The hell is going on?

Ghost: I think Ghaul wants you for himself.

How flattering, though I doubt they'll remain like this for long.

Ghost: I'll be your eyes and ears from behind.

As I climbed up a flight of stairs, the corrupted light faded away, the Red Region's leader coming out from the shadows.

Ghaul: Fitting your Traveler would send you to face me once more.

I noticed immediately that his silver armor was covered in flames; The flames of a Dawnblade.

What the hell!?

Ghost: That's just wrong in every way.