Chapter Twenty-Five: Another Home Destroyed

SPOILER WARNING!!!!!

If you have not played Destiny 2, this is your only chance for a Spoiler Warning. The story from here on will be focused on the second installment of the series as well as the fourth volume of RWBY. Once again, I do not own Destiny (Bungie) or RWBY (Roosterteeth). That is all and I hope you enjoy. Thank you.

Austin's POV

I woke up from my slumber, satisfied by Yang's love. I stretched my arms as I stood up, yawning as I grabbed some undergarments and looked at the time.

11 am. A bit late but oh well.

Yang: Morning big guy.

I looked back to see her awake, the blanket covering most of her body.

Austin: Morning sunshine.

She got up and changed as well, the two of us only in our undergarments as we left the bedroom.

Yang: I'm gonna go shower.

Austin: Okay then.

We separated from each other. I made my way to the cockpit, Ghost and Ruby talking to one another. Apparently my entrance silenced them. She turned her chair to face me, a devilish grin on her face. I assumed the worst.

Austin: You're giving me that look

Austin: You're giving me that look. You knew what happened, didn't you Rubes?

Ruby: Yep.

I placed my mechanical fingers on the bridge of my nose, feeling stupid for thinking she would fall for such an excuse.

Ghost: Turns out 'wrestling' means several different things.

No thanks to you.

Austin: Alright, I get it. I fucked up.

Ghost: Yes you did.

Austin: We still orbiting Earth's atmosphere?

Ghost: Yes. We are.

Ruby: Where's Yang?

Austin: Shower.

Ruby: Oh. Okay.

Ghost: Umm...Guardian?

Austin: Yes?

Ghost: You noticed something different?

I looked out the window, not really seeing anything off the bat.

Austin: No, not really. Why you ask?

Ghost: Really? You don't notice the lack of satellites?

I immediately noticed what Ghost saw. Normally we would've seen a satellite or even another guardian's ship by now. Right now all I saw was empty space.