Chapter Three: Interrogation

Austin's POV

The lady and I were inside some kind of interrogation room with the woman from earlier. She must have watched our encounter on the rooftop.

???: Ruby Rose! What you did not only put you in danger but you put others in it as well.

Huh. So that's her name.

Ruby: They started it first!

Now you sound like Cayde.

???: I don't care who started it first. If it were up to me, you would be sent home with a pat on the back....

I noticed that smile of hers. It was kinda cute.

???: ...and a slap on the wrist.

I noticed the weapon beside her as she began to grab it.

Don't do it lady.

As I hear the whip smacked the table right next to her, proceeded to pull out the knife I had above my mark and stood up. In response, she took aim at me with her whip. The young girl beside me tried to restrain me to ease the sudden tension.

???: And as for you young man, who are you?

Austin: A Guardian. Well....a Titan.

They both stared at me with  confused expressions.

Really? No clue?

I put the knife back in the sheath and sat back down, now confused myself.

Who the hell doesn't know guardians?

Ghost: Well, this is a different planet.

???: Either way, there is someone who wants to see you both.

A white haired man walked into the room with a rather calm manner, his hands on his drink.

???: Thanks you, Ms. Goodwitch

I'll remember that.

He sat down across from the two of us, placing a plate of cookies on the table. I leaned back on the chair against the back wall, placing my feet on the edge of said table.

This chair's gonna break, isn't it?

???: Ruby Rose, you have silver eyes.

Huh?

Ruby: Thanks?

Ghost: Well that was... awkward.

That's putting it lightly, Ghost.

???: Where did you learn to wield such a weapon like that?

The man handed her a plate of cookies and a glass of milk. Whoever they were, they managed to record the fight. They watched as she was evidently kicking ass with a giant scythe.

???: I only know one other scythe welder like that. A dusty old crow.

What?

Ruby: Therts mi ercle!

Er mi gerd. Sweller yer ferd.

She swallowed the cookies she had in her mouth as I remained confused.

Ruby: Sorry. That's my uncle. I was terrible with it at Signal until he took me under his wing. Now I'm all like, Wataaah!

Austin: Pfft. Hehe.

She sat there making karate noises. I couldn't help but laugh a little. He took notice and now all eyes on me.

Eh...crap.

???: As for you, you're a rather...unique individual.

He played the clip where I shoulder charge one of the men. I saw Ms. Goodwitch cringe a bit as they watched one of the henchman's ribs went in making multiple cracking noises with my fist.

Austin: Whoops?

???: How much effort did you put into that punch? It looked like as if you put no effort in it.

Austin: Very little to none? Why ask?

???: And as for saving Ruby the first time. You didn't seem fazed by Mr. Torchwick's gunshot even when it penetrated through your armor.

Austin: Wait....That penetrated my chest?

I look at my chestplate and didn't notice any kind of damage.

Ghost must have repaired it then.

???: What is your name sir?

Austin: WarKiller, sir.

???: A rather odd name.

Ghost: I know.

???: What exactly are you?

Goodwitch: He claims to be a Guardian, whatever that is.

???: Either way. How old are you young man?

How do I look?

Ghost: I'd say-.

Austin: 18, sir. Again, why you asking?

???: Interesting.

Or just ignore me, that's cool too.

???: I would like to offer you both a place at Beacon Academy, as first year students.

Huh!?

Ruby was excited as can be. I, on the other hand was not exactly fond of the idea of going back to school. The Vanguard already taught us everything we needed to know and more.

Why would I have the need to go back to school?

Ruby: I would love to join!

Austin: No thanks.

Ruby: What do you mean "No thanks"!? You realize that Beacon is the best combat training school for hunters and huntresses in all of Vale?!

Austin: Geez, calm down! Its just another school.

???: You will be given a place to live as well as free food.

Ghost: In our situation, we need that. Besides. It's better than living in the forest. That and we could learn how they've survived the Darkness for so long.

Dammit Ghost. Fine.

Austin: I guess I'll give it a chance.

???: Good choice. I am the headmaster, Ozpin.

Ruby: So when do we start?

Ozpin: The first day starts tomorrow so try to get some rest.

They finally let Ruby and I go. Walking out of the building, I proceeded to walk back in the woods going our separate ways.

This is stupid.

Ghost: Do we really have a choice?

Not now, we don't.