Chapter Forty: Iron Lords

Authors Note: I apologize for having shit luck.

60 engrams on two Titans and not a single one contained the chest piece. I have literally multiple copies of everything else but zero chestpieces.

 I have literally multiple copies of everything else but zero chestpieces

But regardless of this, I myself enjoy the Titan's new armor. Even made a dark version of it. Sorry about this, but I hope you enjoy the story anyway.

Austin's POV. The Tower.

The group sat around a massive bonfire in the middle of the new Tower, listening to Qrow's stories as they ate noodles courtesy of the Ramen shop. As other Guardians followed their lead, I sat near them, watching them as Amanda Holliday worked on attaching the prosthesis to my arm. With my armor destroyed, I ended up wearing baggy sweats and a t-shirt, bandages wrapped around my abdomen underneath.

Holliday: Hell of a job back there, but with you and Cayde, I outta start billing you two for this.

Austin: Right, cause I have a mountain of Glimmer in the sh-OW!

She pinched a few nerves on my arm.

Austin: Okay! Fine. I get it.

Holliday: There. You paid your dues.

Zavala and the other Vanguards approached me with mixed views. Cayde showed excitement, which is usually his normal mood; Zavala showed no emotion, which again was normal; But Ikora showed a bit of sadness, guilt even.

Cayde: So how's the arm?

I moved the titanium white prosthetic arm around, twiddling my fingers as it felt more real than fake.

Austin: It works.

Cayde: Seriously? That's all you have to say? I on the other hand enjoy mine.

Holliday: Never thought I would hear a conversation about prosthetics. Anyways the job's done Guardian.

Austin: Thanks.

She started walking back to the hangar as Zavala spoke.

Zavala: We're glad that you're getting better Titan.

Austin: Yeah it's been a pain to move.

I stood up and began to stretch as Ikora informed me of some news.

Ikora: We have some news for your friends Guardian.

Austin: Good or bad?

She remained silent.

Oh no.

Austin: What is it Ikora?

Ikora: Your friend may hold this against me, but we have no other choice.

Austin: What are you talking about?

Zavala: We know that you're planning to go back to Remnant; To help them in their Civil War. Ikora promised them our support.