Chapter Forty-Six: Under the Iron Banner

New Haven Academy Courtyard 3rd Person POV

After an insanely long workout routine of running, fighting, more running, technique practice, even more running, and even more technique practice, Ruby and Oscar both take turns fighting Lord Saladin in hand to hand combat as the others watched. To make it a bit more fair, the Iron Lord had taken his armor off, leaving only a gold shirt and white sweats to cover his dark skin. Ruby steps up to face Lord Saladin with nothing but her fists as he did the same.

Ruby: I hope you're ready

Saladin said nothing as he went in for the first strike with his left arm. She blocked it and reacted with a left cross of her own. Seeing the sloppy technique, he blocks the arm and grabs it, pulling her body past him and elbowing the back of her head.

Nora: Ouch.

She fell to the ground and got back up, looking at Saladin with rage. She got back up as he went for a jab, ducking under and punching him in the stomach. She wasted the small bit of time she had to celebrate the small victory as Lord Saladin retaliated, kneeing her in the gut.

As she bent down in pain, he took the time and connected his fist to her face, punching her over and over again till blood finally came out from her nose. She fell to the ground in her back, her ghost coming out to heal her wounds as everyone winced in pain.

Weiss: That's going to hurt for a long time.

Jaune: And I thought Beacon was tough on us.

Oscar (Ozpin's Voice): Lord Saladin. I do advise you take it a bit easy on these children. After all, they still have much to learn.

Ruby: Yeah. Ow.

She stood up, fully healed as she faced Lord Saladin again.

Ruby: We're not pushovers, but we're not that strong.

Saladin: Hmm... You sound like the Young Wolf. Nothing born is born strong. I know I began weak, the same as all of you. I don't care who and what you are. Together, we're the pointed end of a long stick of happenstance. Change one ripple in an ancient ocean and we would never have been granted the Light within us, or the good Ghosts that want to help us.