Chapter Forty-Eight: A Much Needed Break

Author's Note: I just wanna make one thing clear. Annoying me about updates will not help me write. I'm sorry that I waited for a while to get this out, but I just wanted a change of pace a bit. Regardless, I hope you enjoy.

Austin's POV

We all sat around at a massive table, eating what looked like a fine cuisine made by Ren and Ruby. The other Guardians that arrived talked among themselves about the beauty of this place, while Ruby and the others reminisced their time together. Smiles on everyone's faces as far as the eye could see. A much needed time of peace. It was a sight to behold.

 It was a sight to behold

Cayde: So.

He sucked up the noodles in his mouth, his pet at his side.

Cayde: Who made this?

Nora: Ren and Ruby.

Ruby: Actually, just Ren. I just helped.

Cayde: Either way, it tastes a lot better than the Ramen Shop back on Earth.

Lady Efrideet: Indeed it does.

After about half an hour, the massive pot of food became nothing more than an empty pot. Weiss told her story about the party before joining us.

 Weiss told her story about the party before joining us

Ruby: You did not!

Weiss had her head in her hands in embarrassment.

Weiss: Yeah, right in the middle of the party.

Yang: Please tell me you let that lady have it.

Weiss: Of course not! Even if I did really want to.

Nora: No way, I don’t believe it.

Austin: Uhh... Nora.

Nora: What?

She summoned a white Boarbatusk right beside Nora, the same one from the party. As Nora turned to look at it, she panicked. Everyone began to laugh some more as one of the Guardians spoke up.

Titan (Female Awoken): So who here's the strongest of the group?

Yang: That'd be me.

Nora, being Nora, took it as a challenge. She placed her elbow on the table and stood up, ready to arm wrestle.