Chapter Forty-Two: This Isn't Right

Saladin's POV

I stayed awake long enough to see the Young Wolf and his friend separate from us. Knowing what he was going to do, I decided to not intervene. It'd be weird to anyways. I went inside our tent and looked over an old map of the planet.

Gonna have to thank Taiyang for this.

Saladin: Ghost. Distance from Patch to New Haven.

Ghost: Approximate distance: 500 miles.

500 miles? A bit shorter than I imagined for a planet.

Saladin: Hmmmm... Length of time?

Ghost: 19 Hours by Sparrow.

My ghost went back inside my head, coming up with a direct route. I exited the tent to see Lady Efrideet waiting for me.

Efrideet: Just waiting on you old man.

Saladin: Last I heard, you aren't so young yourself.

Efrideet: What? Can't take a joke?

Saladin: It sounds like something Cayde would say.

Efrideet: And that's a bad thing?

I paused and shook my head in disbelief.

Did you really just say that?

She must've thought about her comment as she took it back.

Efrideet: Ok. That is a bad thing.

Saladin: Let's go.

As I began to walk into the woods, she remained still.

Efrideet: Where are we going?

Saladin: We're going to wake up the Young Wolf.

The two of us walked away from the others and into the woods. I took a moment to admire it's beauty, something I hadn't done since my rebirth.

Efrideet: Something wrong?

Saladin: No. Just admiring the land.

I could hear that smirk from under her helm.

Efrideet: Didn't really take you as a nature kind of guy.

Saladin: If you were to be as busy as I was, you too would start to appreciate the change of land as well.

We both remained silent as we continued on through the woods, approaching a makeshift bed in the middle of a plain open area, two human shaped figures lied within.

It's the Young Wolf.

That I was certain of. As the two of us circled around the bed, we noticed a few pieces of clothing tossed around.

No undergarments. Hopefully they're wearing some.

Saladin: Lady Efrideet.

I turned around and looked away out of respect as she turned the blanket over.

Efrideet: They have their undergarments on Lord Saladin, but you may not want to see him like this.

I exhaled out of relief as I turned back around to see the Young Wolf. His face and upper body had lipstick all over the place as well as a few....

Claw marks....recent too. I don't even want to know.

It was like looking at a man with a hangover. I crouched down near his head as I spoke.