Chapter Thirty-Four: The Nightmares Got Worse

Trostland, European Dead Zone. 3rd Person POV

Devrim: Well that's quite a story you have Qrow.

Devrim Kays and Qrow sat together in what's left of the old church, telling stories of each other's past and the events of their respected worlds. Qrow had just finished telling his story, taking the flask out from underneath his jacket and drinking as he spoke.

 Qrow had just finished telling his story, taking the flask out from underneath his jacket and drinking as he spoke

Qrow: Yeah, though it doesn't sound any better here.

Devrim: To be honest, not really....but we've got to keep our hopes up here. We've survived without Guardians before, we can sure do it again.

Devrim took a sip of his tea.

Qrow: Yeah but it's always the unfortunate ones that die cause of it.

Devrim: That is true, but the unfortunate ones know the risks they face. They die in honor.

Qrow: If only my semblance wasn't misfortune.

Devrim: Your what?

Qrow: Semblance. Like a superpower... something unique to every Huntsman and Huntress.

Devrim: Ah. So you're like a Guardian on your planet.

Qrow: Eh....Something like that.

He continues to drink from the flask as Devrim looked at a watch on his left arm.

Devrim: Well it seems to be time for your medicine.

Qrow seemed a bit irritated by the comment.

Qrow: I know. I'm not an old man.

Devrim: Never said you were young chap.

Qrow: Not exactly young either.

Devrim: Well I don't see any gray hair on you.

Qrow: Aren't you a blast from the past.

Devrim: The original old geezer, at your service.

The two chuckled as Qrow swallowed the antivenom with a bit of bourbon. The two of them continued to chatter on through the day, killing all Fallen and Cabal that even dared to approach the old church.

Nessus. Austin's POV

Weiss: Is that the teleporter?

Austin: I....I guess?

We were all staring at a strange device in the center of the room as it emitted something from it.

Austin: Ghost.

Ghost: It is.

Austin: So how do we grab it?

Failsafe: The Cayde 6 will want that. Just rip it right off there.