Chapter Thirty-Three: Meeting The Renegade

Clan Rallies are here! So hyped for the new armor and weapons. I'm curious to hear from you guys which faction you've chosen. I've hinted mine in the story. (more of a dead giveaway but still) Thanks for reading and improving the story.

Yang's POV

I fell into a deep sleep long after everyone else. A few minutes later, all I saw was a picture of the family. Ruby, Dad, Uncle Qrow,....Mom. Another picture was beside it of all of us. All the friends I made at Beacon, my other family. We all came for a reason and in that time we all grew a bond. An oath. To stay together no matter what. Friends till the end....at least it's what I thought. I found myself back in Beacon, the pictures burning in front of my eyes as two shadows reenacted a stabbing. It didn't take long to recognize it.

Yang: Blake!

The figure that I would know as Adam looked at me and turned, beginning to walk away from me. I heard her voice talking to me.

Blake: Don't.....don't do it....

I let out my rage, my hair and body burning with hatred as I charged at him. I knew what he would do: Go for the arm. I stayed on the ground instead of jumping, ready to dodge his-.......

*shling!*

Wh.....whaa......?

I felt the cold blade go through my heart. I couldn't fight. I couldn't move. I couldn't breathe. I felt my body go limp, falling to the ground as he wiped the blood off his blade.

My blood....

I looked around for anything, anyone to help me.

No one.

I was forced to watch him put the blade to my neck as I coughed up my own blood. He only said four words.

???: Without him, you're useless.

I felt the sharp blade go across my neck.

AHHHH!

I woke up panicking, my hands tightening on to something. I felt myself crying, my life being nothing more than a joke.

I felt useless.

Austin's POV

The war is over.....and we lost.

As I fell into the darkness of slumber, I saw a dark and smoked filled battlefield. As I walked through it, I saw aquaintances, friends, loved ones, even other Guardians in puddles of their own blood. Though I was horrified internally, my suit showed no emotion. A Cabal figure emerged from the smoke, his body surrounded by Light; The Light of the Traveler. His body sparked, letting the electricity flow through him as I did the same in a fit of rage.

Ghaul: Your light will be mine Guardian!

We ran at each other. Fists up, we were ready to make the first blow, but I woke up to Yang cuddling up to me tighter than usual, nearly cracking a rib or two. I jumped a bit, surprised by both the nightmare and her grip. I could hear her whimpering a bit as her tears soaked through my shirt.

We're both having nightmares.

I wrapped my free arm around her as Raven came out from her head.

Raven: She's been having the same nightmare since she left Remnant.

Austin: I know Raven.

Raven: I'm concerned about her emotions.