Chapter Sixteen: Mission Briefing

Austin's POV

We woke up to Ozpin announcing for Ruby to go to his office. I was working with Ghost on a new weapon at a desk.

Austin: We have a problem.

Ghost: I noticed.

Yang came and sat next to me.

Yang: What's that?

She pointed at the blueprint.

Austin: A sword. But we don't exactly have the materials for it.

Yang: What do you need? I'm sure Weiss wouldn't mind spending daddy's money to help a friend.

Weiss came towards us.

Weiss: Hey! I'm not spending a dime on him! At least till I know what you need.

Ghost: I don't suppose you know where to find Soliton Flares, do ya?

Weiss: What flares?

Austin: That's what I thought. We could infuse it with dust, but it would go through it like its out of style.

Ghost: Well. We could use fire dust to amplify the five flares that we do have. Then infuse the blade with the same duast as well.

Austin: We could do that. Worst case senario we lose the flares and we have molten metal.

Ruby came in. Everyone was curious what it was about. She explained her encounter with a masked woman during the dance.

Weiss: That was a risky move.

Austin: Ruby. You handled it well.

Ruby: I hope so.

Yang: I'm sure everything will be alright, Ruby. Oh, I know what will cheer you up!

Yang had a package in her hand. Ruby tried to grab the package but failed to grab it.

Yang: It's from home. Dad sent it.

Ruby: Ooh!

She let the package out revealing what looks like a wolf but smaller and harmless.

Ruby: Zwei!

Zwei?

Blake: He sent a dog?

Weiss: In the mail?

Austin: Isn't that a small wolf?

The girls laughed at me for that. Like I knew it was a dog. I'm sorry.

Ruby: Don't worry. He does this all the time.

Blake: Your dad or your dog?

Ghost: A rather odd way of transportation if I say so myself.

Weiss: Are you telling me that this mangy...drooling... mutt is going to wiv wif us foreva? Oh, yes he is, yes he is! Oh, isn't he adorable!

Oh for Traveller's sake. Blake was scared of it being a cat and all.

Blake: Please keep it away from my belongings.

Ghost went into my head. If Blake is like this towards dogs, what's gonna happens if she goes in heat?

Ghost: Really?

I said 'if' Ghost. Besides, I'll just find Sun and throw him at her.

Ghost: Very funny. And 'if' it fails?

I'm staying in my armor the whole tine and locking it. We heard Ms Goodwitch over the intercom.

Glynda: Would all first year students please report to the amphitheater.