Chapter Six: The Emerald Forest

Emerald Forest...
Austin's POV

Austin: Bitch!

I was flying in the air at an alarmingly fast rate when I noticed Ruby flying by me.

Ruby: Wheeee!

Glad she's having fun. I'm not.

I notice the others landing perfectly on the ground. I look forward to see trees in front of me.

Traveler....why have you forsaken me?

I used the shield on my left arm to prepare for impact.

Smash! Smash! Smash! Smash! Smash!

I went through 5 trees slowing down before I rolled forward and aimed Red Death. Nothing was around me.

Surprisingly, that didn't hurt too much.

I put Red Death away and ran north.

Ghost: So the person you see will be with you. Hoping its Ruby?

Austin: I hate you sometimes. I don't care who it is as long as it's not-.

I noticed Ruby and Weiss fighting several of what Ghost informed me as Beowulves.

...fuck.

I ran as fast as I could towards them.

Ruby's POV

Weiss was yelling at me for getting in her way, as usual. I about to say something but I dodged a lunge from a Beowulf. More of them surrounded us. About 8 of them. I heard a familar voice yelling from behind the two of us.

???: Get back, now!

I grabbed Weiss and ran back to see Austin glowing blue and jumping in the air

Weiss: Ruby Rose! What are you-?

We both watced as he was electrified. He aimed at the center of the group of Beowulves with his right fist and flew down at a very fast pace. The forest shook as he landed, a shockwave of electricity filled the area where he landed as the Beowulves were electrocuted and disintegrated instantaneously. He stood up and began walking towards us.

Ruby: That was awesome!

Austin: It was pretty cool....Eh it was alright.

Weiss: We had it under control.

Austin: You sure did, Ms Schnee.

Weiss just gave Austin a stern look.

Austin: Anyways. We need to head north so let's get going...I think.

You think?

Austin's POV

Ruby and Weiss followed me as we got closer to the temple, letting them take care of the Beowulves that got close to us. I wanted to do an ammunition count so I had Ghost perform a weapons check.

Ghost, hows my ammunition?

Ghost: 287 Red Death, 14 Winged Word, 2 Hallowed Fury.

Thank you, Ghost.

I look back and notice that Ruby and Weiss were both gone.

Austin: Oh, what the?

Ghost: I think it had something to do with that bird up there.

Bird?

I looked up and notice that Ghost was right. They were on a bird-like beast, using their weapons as a handle. I pulled out Gjallarhorn and took aim.