Chapter Fourteen: Investigation

Austin's POV

I thought we were going tonight, but we decided to do after Mr. Port's class tomorrow. I fell asleep in Yang's bed again. It became a routine but hey, I ain't complaining. I wore a yellow tank top and sweatpants and proceeded to Mr. Port's class. He was in a middle of a lecture when I spoke to Ghost.

Austin: Ya getting any of this?

Ghost: Nope.

Austin: Figured.

There goes Juane asking Weiss on a date again. I can't help but see the irony. Pyrrah clearly wants him but he's blinded by Weiss. After what felt like a year, we went to our dorm to discuss the plan.

Ruby: Today the investigation begins!

Everyone was getting their weapons ready as I grabbed Harrowed Fury. I got weird looks from them.

Blake: Austin?

Austin: What?

Blake: Too much.

Austin: Fine.

I equip Hawkmoon.

Blake: Better

Weiss: Glad to see even our guardian is taking this seriously.

Austin: Calm down Warlock. I wasn't informed on the mission.

Yang: We have a plan... That's moderately serious.

Ruby: Right. Everyone remember your role?

Weiss: You and I will head to the CCT and check the Schnee records for any other dust robberies or inconsistencies. Seeing as I'm in the family, it shouldn't be a problem.

Blake: The White Fang has regular faction meetings to hand out orders and recruit new members. If I can get in, I can hopefully find out what they're planning.

Yang: I have an old friend on the shady side of town that typically knows everything going on in Vale. Getting information out of him shouldn't be too hard. Especially with Austin tagging along.

Austin: Simple enough.

Ruby: Great! We'll meet up tonight near Yang and her lover to go over what we found. Let's do this!

???: Yeah!

We looked to the window to see Sun hanging by his tail.

Yang: How'd you get up there?

Sun: Ah, it's easy; I do it all the time.

Weiss: You do what?

Sun: Climb trees. Neptunes here too.

???: Hi.

Neptune was on the ledge.

Austin: Let me guess. You climbed the window ledges?

Neptune: I have my ways. By the way can I come in? I'm up really high.

The girls let him and Sun in.

Blake: Sun will come with me, and Neptune can go with Yang and Austin so they don't start making out on the mission.

Austin and Yang: What, us? No. Never.

She's onto us. Fine I guess.

Weiss: Ruby. Why don't you go with Yang and Neptune can come with me.

Austin: Then who's gonna monitor you two then?

Weiss: I would not do anything like that you dolt!