Chapter Twenty-Eight: Rescuing the Princess

Austin's POV

Jaune: So you actually need our help?

Austin: Yeah. I wouldn't be here at all if I didn't.

Jaune: I.....I don't know what to say.

Nora: We should totally help him.

Ren: Nora. Don't be too careless on this. We barely know what we're up against.

I looked at him with concern, though the helmet probably meant otherwise.

Ren: Please don't take that as a sign that we don't. It's just-.

Austin: As it much as pains me to say it, it's an option, not an order. I'm not gonna force you to go, but I had to come down to tell all of you the severity of the situation.

Jaune: On one hand, we can't just leave this place. The people here need our protection. On the other hand, this Red Legion will strike Remnant next. It's too much to decide.

Austin: Look. I'll let the three of you think about it.

Jaune: That relieves it a bit.

Austin: Yang. Ruby. I need you two to stay with them till I get back. If you need me, Our ghosts should allow us to communicate with one another.

The ship flew towards me to a stop, hovering above me as I walked to Yang.

Yang: Where are you going?

Austin: I'm gonna go find Weiss. See if she'll be a part of it.

Yang: What about Blake?

Austin: She'll be the hardest to try to find, let alone talk to. When I'm done with Weiss, I'll have you and I go find her.

Yang: You sure you can take the Ice Queen without losing it?

Austin: I'm sure of it hot stuff.

I took the helmet off to give her a kiss before leaving, everyone watched with mixed reactions.

Yang: You better.

In a flash of light, I was back on the ship.

Ruby: Bye for now.

Austin: They better be alive when I come back.

Nora: No promises.

Austin: Ohh.....Goddammit.

With The push of the accelerator, the ship took off.

Next stop: Atlas.

20 Minutes Later

20 Minutes Later....

Atlas Heliport: This is Atlas Airfield Number 2-2-3 Gamma B. You're in a Restricted Airfield. Identify yourself.

I heard the audio of the Atlas Heliport I was close to. It didn't take to already be in Atlas's private space.

Ghost: We just got into Atlas!