Kendan

*(This chapter has another POV inserted within it, you will know the change when the characters banner appears, when the switch happens again Kendans banner will show again.)

A horrible end is better than endless horror.

            4 days had passed.

96 hours.

The 24 hours were long gone. Chances were significantly low for finding Bexley. Even lower for finding her alive. The twins and I were outside with Olympia, talking to Lazarus about what areas we've covered so far.

No one was sure if Bexley was even alive, the only one who was completely sure was Lazarus. He was completely sound in his belief that she was still alive, though I wasn't sure if he could change those beliefs until he saw her body.

The mate bond was finicky, especially with only one side of the bond complete. It could make you feel things that you weren't sure were really yours or not. It was how the Goddess made sure that bonds were completed.

Bexley wouldn't be feeling the effects of the incomplete bond because she was marked. Lazarus, on the other hand, would feel the reaping effects. The never-ending drive for his mate to mark him as hers. It's no wonder his beast was in control.

"We've covered the East and the West of the territory ourselves. The rest of the wolves covered the North and South, we've checked and double checked everything." Ellis was frustrated as he ran his hand over his face.

Their beast had finally made its appearance when Ellis and Wilder forced the shift last night. It was bloodier than everyone expected it to be as if their beast was angry that it had been repressed. The two of them disappeared into the forest for the majority of the night, the dark bags under their eyes showed that they hadn't had any sleep through the night.

"Our Lycan stayed in the North of the territory, he kept getting drawn back to it regardless of how many times we searched through it," Wilder spoke up, his ear looked ear better than it had days before.

Ellis own leg had healed minus the limp that would probably never leave.

"The North?" Lazarus questioned, his brows furrowing, his voice had taken a dark turn in the past few days.

"What's in the North?" I questioned the Alpha who was lost in his own thoughts.

He opened his mouth to answer, to explain the landmarks in the North, but we were all caught off guard with the rippling pain that shot through everyone's bond, through both packs. Only Olympia was on her feet as the four of us fell to the ground.

The pain was rippling through the bond, as an Alpha, I knew what Lazarus was feeling. But I couldn't feel the pain he felt as a mate.

Everyone felt Bexley's death the minute she left the Earth, it was ironic that the Goddess allowed us to feel her death yet didn't allow us to feel her life. Lazarus was the first to react, he shifted instantaneously, the lack of bond fueling his anger as he lashed out.