Wilder

Women 

armed with 

love and

ancestral wisdom

are an 

unstoppable force.

After learning about Mia's past, my beast was on edge

After learning about Mia's past, my beast was on edge. We already struggled to share the body we both resided in. He wanted to shift more, and I didn't want to lose my temper more than I already do. And then we heard the yelp.

Ellis and I may be furious with the choices Kendan has been making, but he is still our brother and we can't just let him die. Not when Ellis and I still wanted to beat him for the choices he's made as of late. He was still our blood, and Bexley would kill me if anything happened to our oldest brother.

Olympias soft body was pressed into my beasts as he rumbled in content and was at war with me within the confines of our head.

The snarls in my head wouldn't die down as I snapped at him. She wouldn't be safe by herself, she's safe with us. We will protect her.

Needless to say, he just snarled louder.

I could smell the blood as Olympia flinched back, my claws digging into her thighs as I immediately loosened my hold as a snap came through the bond as Ellis was watching me warily. His own beast was unhappy that we were bringing her along, she was defenseless.

Her face was pressed into my thick neck as we seemed to fly through the forest, just before I would see the white of Kendans' fur peaking through the trees, only it was stained with red.

Multiple other howls came through the forest, Leia must have felt his pain through the bond and alerted the patrols. Honing in on my hearing, I realized that the closest one was three minutes away. That was time we didn't have.

Ellis sent a sharp growl at me before crashing through the brush and joining the fight, I briefly flinched as I felt a sharp pain coming from him on my left side. Bending down, I let Olympia get from my back before I turned looking deep into her eyes. Eyes that seemed to shine like jewels do.

She sighed before nodding reluctantly, I didn't like the glint in her eyes, but I knew I couldn't stay any longer as my shoulder felt as if it was getting ripped to shreds. Tearing myself from her I threw myself through the same green foliage that Ellis did, snarling as I made it to the other side seeing four rogues prowling.

Three were surrounding Ellis his shoulder ripped all to hell, but his side looked fine as well as I could see. Kendan was forced onto the ground a beast tearing into the soft skin of his underbelly.

Snarling, the beasts' eyes flashed over to my form, hesitating for a moment which gave me the opportunity to leap at the one holding Kendan down. My body barreled into its side, the both of us crashing onto the ground as Kendan growled, forcing himself up as he met a rogue that left Ellis to come deal with the two of us.

I shook my head viciously as I tore a piece of skin, fur and all, from its body as it howled in anguish before swinging its head and swiping its claw at me as I leaped out of the way.

Only to fall to the ground as two of the mangy beasts had ganged up on me as they held me down, their sharp claws coming for my throat when the both of them were suddenly blasted from my body.

Olympias softly murmured words caught my attention as my anger flared, seeing her standing between two trees, hands contorting into different positions as she focused on the beast going to strike at Ellis who had gotten distracted. A sudden glow began to form in her hands before it was blasted from her palms that pushed forward, knocking the beast back as Ellis rushed for her.

Kendan's rogue across from him suddenly straightened, looking at our witch before deeply sniffing the air as a snarl tore from his throat before he spoke in garbled speech as if he were talking underwater. "She's not even here."

He cast a look at his fellow rogues as they sluggishly were getting up from the blast that knocked them out for a few moments, snorting his snout turned to the side as he darted through the forest, just as the patrols came breaking through the trees. Two kept running after the runaway rogue as the others shackled the three beasts who tried to run but were quickly captured.

Mia rushed toward Kendan, pressing her hands onto Kendan's side as he groaned, his knees shaking as Leia burst through the woods her black fur gleaming as low growls escaped her throat as she trotted to Kendan, nudging his chest with her nose as Olympia began to murmur.

I didn't hear her as well this time, only a few pieces here and there.

Earth below, dark light, morning sun.

She continued murmuring before Kendan's shredded stomach began to stitch itself back together.

Leia immediately shifted back, unaffected by her nudity as Mia jolted back, her progress coming undone as blood began to spill before she focused again. "How are you doing that," The older girl whispered in awe. Ellis and I were too far into our beast to think about shifting as I felt the awe radiate through the bond.

"Healing spell." She whispered before closing her eyes and muttering again. The three of us watching in awe as the wound closed with a thin line. Mia sucking in deep breaths as she kneeled on the dirty ground, her chest heaving.

What the hell just happened, since when did she have powers like that. All I knew about was the damn flowers that she grew around the house. Since when could she blast things across the fucking forest and heal people.

Huffing slightly, I knew exactly who was in my head.

Brother, you forget that we opted out on seeing her powers.

He didn't respond as he stood there, his heart having conflicting feelings as I walked over, curling my hands into fists so I wouldn't pierce her delicate skin with my claws. She held onto my fur covered arm as she leaned against me.

Leia and the patrols helped Kendan up, but he was still groggy as he leaned heavily upon them, the patrols rounding back when the rogue left their land, letting the Alpha know that he should contact the pack whose direction it was running in.

The other three were already being dragged off to the cells.

"Did you hear what he said?" Mia's voice was urgent as we all walked back at a more normal pace. "He said she wasn't here, the three of you were here and they were looking for a girl. A girl who left."

My breath caught in my throat as my heart twisted painfully in my chest as I looked at Ellis' dark brown wolf that was identical to my own. Both the future Luna and our own mate was here, the only other person they would have been after was my mother, Emery, or Bexley.

And as my stomach twisted painfully I knew it wasn't any of the former.