Wilder

It takes courage

to let go of the familiar

and embrace the new.

The guarded look didn't leave her eyes, not when we, Ellis, asked her to come with us, not when we were driving to the pack house, not even as she sat in our family room surrounded by Lycans

Bexley was interested, chatting her up which seemed to put her at ease. She smiled and laughed at something Bex had said causing my heart to pull painfully in my chest, realizing I had almost given this up.

And unknowingly I had almost ripped her from Ellis as well.

My father was pacing nervously as my mother tried reassuring him it would be okay. No one could get ahold of Leroy and it was panicking my usually put together parents.

The vampire was a part of our family.

My father's pacing stopped in front of the coffee table, drawing everyone's attention to him. Bexley rambled on as if she weren't aware of what was going on, which brought amusement to Olympias' eyes.

Clearing his throat, my father got her attention. She looked up at him, with the matching crystal blue eyes he had, full of mischief as she settled back next to my mate.

My mother stood by our father's side, trying to keep the smile off her face at Bexley's antics.

"Boys," My eyes met my fathers, and they softened every so slightly as we had the same eyes as our mother did. "When you were born it was months early, too early for you to survive without someone intervening in addition to the medical team we had." I nodded my head, we knew that. Leroy had saved us somehow; Ellis and I had always assumed it was with his blood.

"Leroy saved you, you know this. But the vampire also has some magic in him," Olympia perked up at this, listening intently. "He placed a curse on the two of you, so you would live." My brows furrowed. A curse?

"He connected your souls, you share the same soul mate because of the curse that was put on you both hours after you were born." A curse, my mind couldn't wrap my head around it.

"Your mate isn't human." He continued, but Ellis and I already knew that we could smell something on her, something that we faintly picked up on Leroy.

"Dear," My mother spoke up, her long hair falling over her shoulder, not in the usual braid, she would pull it back into. "Tell us, you'll be safe." Obviously, my mother didn't miss the guarded look in those green eyes.

"I know of your kind." She started, pausing to glance at Bexley. "I know what it means for your kind to have mates." She glanced at both Ellis and I. "And yet you would just throw that away?" Ellis flinched back physically, while my hurt just pained in my chest. Feeling both of our pain.