Bexley

No one is actually dead

until the ripples, they cause in the world

die away.

"I'm cursed," Lazarus spoke out of the blue, trying to distract me beast enough so that I could take control from her still present form

    "My great-great grandmother was kidnapped and tortured, she was blinded. She was a werewolf, back when they had to look in their mates eyes before they could see the color. Before the disease nearly wiped them all out." My beast and I listened intently as he spoke to us, running his thumb over our hand.

    "She grew up to be Alpha, she wanted to destroy those who took her sight from her. She made treaties with as many people as she could: Vampires, elves, and witches. That was her downfall when she made a treaty with a coven of witches who were wanting to do badly on her. Her Gamma who was her sight at the time was distracted by his newly found mate. He didn't read the fine print."

    "When they made the blood bond, she cursed my ancestor. Affecting all of us in return. Ever first born child in the lineage was born blind. Once they tried to get around it. The first born child died, leaving the second born to become blind within 24 hours."

    He sighed, quiet for a moment before explaining himself. "Its why I never wanted a mate. I never wanted to bring children into this world when I was outcasted and torn apart for something I couldn't help. I cant put a child through that."

    Having nothing to say, we just sat in each other's presence. My beast and my own curiosity got the best of us as I got enough control back to ask the question on my mind. "If she was a werewolf, how are you a Lycan?"

    He shrugged. "Interbreeding happens. The Lycan blood just won out, especially when the werewolves were dying out from the diseases that hunters released."

    I nodded, but one thought was on my mind the rest of my mind as Lazarus read to me, my beast slowly retreating.

I knew I would do anything for my siblings, my parents, my mate, and both of my packs.

    Even if it meant dying for them.

. . . . .

    My beast finally resided when I had fallen asleep next to Lazarus in bed last night, the littles in between us. I woke up when the phone began shrilling, my body jerked awake.

    I fumbled for Lazarus' phone that was on the bedside table beside me, the second shrill ring jerked Lazarus' body awake from the other side of the bed. I squinted my eyes as I looked at the numbers on the phone I was holding.

    "Why is Kendan calling you?" I mumbled looking at the familiar numbed as it shrilled again.

    "It's about the packs," He grumbled back, voice still thick from sleep as he grasped for the phone that I placed in his hand for him.