Wilder

I'm floating away, lost in a space of my own.

Sitting in the office that Kendan shared with Ellis and I while we were shadowing the current leaders of Callisto, I could feel the confusion growing in the room

We were looking through Leias files, trying to find out where she's been when she isn't Luna training. But she doesn't go anywhere. She does her work and then goes into her room for hours at a time.

Her phone records showed that she called no one but her father, the calls lasting for hours at a time before they would be cut off, called back another minute later to last just a second and then she would get another call hours later.

Something was wrong. We were missing something as we looked through the papers full of details as we had for the past few hours, our other paperwork put off to the side as we focused on our future Luna.

But we got nowhere. Eventually, a knock sounded at the door, my spine straightened involuntarily, as Ellis had the same reaction, I knew it was our little mate.

Looking at the door that was open now, my eyes connected with Olympias, a smile pulling at my lips. Her naturally blonde hair was beginning to peek through the blue. Her green eyes were light as she looks the three of us in.

"Alright," She clapped her hands before pointing at Kendan. "You go get something to eat and some sleep. I can see those bags, they give away you haven't slept in a couple of days."

Kendan opened his mouth to reply, but she tutted him and moved her hands in a shooing motion until he got up, shooting Ellis and I a glare as we chuckled.

It was true though, Ken was exhausted, working day and night to see what he could do to help Leia.

"You two can come with me," She giggled lightly as he ushered us along, grabbing our larger hands in her smaller one.

"Where are we going?" Ellis asked, stretching out his limbs that were beginning to tense from sitting so long. We were beasts, sitting for so long was something that didn't settle right with us, but at the same time, we were human. We had to provide for our families somehow.

I don't think running around as Lycans was going to make us enough money to continue to live on the property that protects us from Hunters.

Cueing back in on my mate when she started talking, a trick I picked up when she got angry that I kept zoning out, she answered Ellis slyly, grasping our hands tighter as she practically skipped. "That's for me to know and for you to find out." She sang as we left the house and began to walk through the woods.

While our little mate was happy, both Ellis and my own Lycan were on high alert. Listening and smelling for any rogues or intruders who could be lurking in the forest as they did when they attacked Kendan.

After some time of walking through the expanse of the woods, I was surprised when the clearing opened up to a small lake, one that would have flown under our radar as we patrolled, the water source not enough for the large game to flock around.

"Do you like it?" Mia asked almost shyly as we took in the short expanse of the open area, clustered by trees.

"Its pretty," I mumbled placing a kiss on her shoulder as Ellis grinned.

Narrowing my eyes at him, I could practically see the thoughts running through his head as he pulled our mate into his arms and launched her into the water.

Her shocked gasp filled out ears as Ellis chuckled when she broke the surface. "Ellis White-Moon," She scowled as she kicked her feet to keep her head above the water.

"Yes, dear?" His cheeky grin had me rolling my eyes as I shoved him forward, we had gravitated toward the edge of the lake as we waited for Mia to pop her head up.

Olympia began to laugh as Ellis flailed and tripped in the shallow water.

She whooped, grinning. "That's it, Wilder, defend my honor!" I couldn't help but grin at the rambunctious girl.

"Brother," Ellis' eyes were narrowed as he was drenched. Avoiding his outstretched limbs, I willingly walked into the water. On the contrary to my brother and mate who were forced into the surprisingly chill water.

Mia paddled over to me as Ellis sulked behind me, latching herself onto me, her arms wound around my neck as she cooed at Ellis, purposely mocking him.

"Little mate," He warned, his eyes briefly flashing as his beast was done with the games.

She pouted, leaving my arms and taking a similar position with Ellis. "Don't be mad, wolfy." Grinning, I let the water engulf me as we continued to the center of the lake.

"Why do you insist on calling me that," My older brother wined, growling when Mia pulled his hair.

"Because you're wolfy and Wilder is the beast. Your Lycan is more subdued, like a wolf." She explained it was the easiest thing in the world to understand.

"Well, now you're just insulting us." He sulked as Mia gasped and the two began arguing their points.

In all honesty, it was insulting to think that a Lycan as a werewolf, the differences between the two ran much deeper than what our beasts looked like in comparison to the wolves.

I blocked the two out as I floated on my back, letting the last rays from the sun soak into my deprived body. Eventually, the other two quieted down as well and were in similar positions.

I couldn't help the sinking feeling in my stomach that felt like it was going to drag me down at any moment.

It felt like the calm before the storm.