Ellis

You are the most beautiful fate.

Every Thursday for the past month, Olympia locked herself in the bathroom and cried for an hour.

Every Thursday morning, she would find Wilder and I outside of the bathroom door.

Thankfully in Algol, we were situated with a room that had an ensuite bathroom. It didn't do anything to conceal Mias' cries though.

Sprawled out on the floor, in front of the door that swung inward with my legs stretched across Wilders' thighs as he had his head against the door jam, his eyes closed as listened to our mate who wouldn't let us in for this.

She needed to get through it alone, or at least that's what she says.

With everything going on, Wilder and I let her have her hour by herself to grieve. And as the hour was up, just like always my leg would start to spasm, a side effect from the human healing that I was suffering with.

Both Wilder and I paid for blocking our beast out. I had a limp that was never going to go away and when I kept the leg still for too long pain would begin to return as the muscle demanded to be moved in prevention from going stiff.

Wilder, on the other hand, had inner ear damage, he would have been fine if we would have healed right away. But now he was left with relying on one ear to hear for the rest of his life.

We were dealing with the repercussions, just like Olympia was.

By the time Olympia left the bathroom, she looked as if she hadn't just been crying her heart out. I gazed up at our sad mate, noting how the flowers in the bathroom loomed down, dropping as a reflection to the witch's mood.

"Get up, we're going to be late." Her tone was soft as Wilder groaned softly, although I think it was more for show.

As Wilder and I got dressed in our matching button downs and dress pants to spend the last day with the Algol pack. Sitting down, I watched Mia place earrings in her ears as I frowned watching her.

"Did you want to have a baby so soon?" My words quietened the entire room.

It wasn't like me to ask questions like that, it was Wilders. I was the one who kept the light atmosphere and was in charge of just smiling. But I was so tired of smiling.

For once, I wanted to just be real with my family. And maybe it wasn't the right time, but at this point in time, it didn't matter.

Wilders' hair was messy as he paused in buttoning his shirt, looking at me as if I was crazy. Olympia was frozen as she was still turned away from us.

"We can have another baby if that's what you want Mia, we can wait if you want. But we can't just feel avoiding what's going on like nothing is happening. Something did happen." Her shoulders were slumped over as she gripped the dresser.

"Do you think I don't know what just happened? I know Ellis, I just lost my baby. I'm allowed to cry." Her voice quivered, letting me know she wasn't as put together as she was trying to make it seem.

"Our," Wilder spoke up suddenly, his shirt still half undone as he joined the conversation. "It was our baby too. You are not the only one grieving Olympia. Everyone lost something that day." Wilder left the room, his emotions raging through our shared beast as he hurried to button his shirt.

I paused by the door, looking over my shoulder as she still faced the dresser. "Were hurting too, you can't just shut us out."

I left my distraught mate to catch up with my equally upset twin as we went to have our concluding meeting with Alpha Bynes.

Olympia didn't show up to the meeting, something that was brushed aside as Luna Bynes didn't show up either. Kurt Bynes was cousins with Henry Cygnus, Hunt's father. The two were close when they were younger and his death affected many Alphas, especially those who inherited the land from being neighbors to the Cygnus pack.

The six packs had to deal with the utter destruction of the territory, and the majority just left the land for the forest to reclaim as it felt wrong to move in on a territory that they all used to visit.

Algol was one of them.

"Are you ready to return home?" Kurt asked the two of us as we gave him excited smile.

"Readier than you would think." He chuckled, as my eyes found their way looking around the room, the portrait of his five-year-old son and newborn daughter they had done earlier this year looked lifelike.

"I am excited to see what your pack has done with the land, it was a major purchase for a small pack that you have at the moment." Kurt was sincere, always seen as a distant family member when we visited.

His words were true, our dad wanted room to build our pack, and so far, that was looking up with the four pups being born in the Spring, three predicted to be males.

"He's done good, Kendan will do just as well," Wilder noted his eyes on the Alpha in the room.

"It's always the Lunas that keep the Alphas in check." I ignored Wilders worried look he snuck as he glanced out of the corner of his eye. "Speaking of Lunas, I heard that rowdy sister of yours has been declared Alpha Female of her mates' pack."

A genuine smile laid on the Alphas lips. It wasn't a secret that Bexley had a way of entrapping everyone's hearts. "She's just like our mom, it's no wonder."

Wilder grinned as I smiled. It was true. Had our mother been born in this life and not been so worried about children after turning, there is no doubt she would have been an Alpha Female.

"I'm gonna have to fight you on that one. Bexley White-Moon is just as much your dad as she is your mom. But she's majorly an entire part of herself. Just like your little witch." I tilted my head slightly as he brought up Mia. "I'm sure the two of them get on just, fine don't they?" His question was rhetorical as he continued. "They both have a fire in their soul, you shouldn't worry about them, boys, women like that always survive."

A knock and wail of a newborn brought us from our private talk as Kurt stood to go to his mate who stood at the door. Before he left he turned his head with a smile. "And don't think Emerson is going to be any different."

Wilder groaned as I rolled my eyes, a slight smile on my lips as Alpha Bynes was completely correct, as usual.

Olympia was waiting for us by the vehicle we had brought here and would be bringing back home, our luggage neatly packed into the back.

Wilder sat in the passenger seat as Mia laid down in the back row, she didn't say anything as we drove until she finally broke when we stopped at a rest station for a quick bathroom break.

"I know that it was our baby we lost." Her breath was coming out in puffs as she spoke to us by the SUV.

"I've been placing all the blame on myself, but in the future when we chose to have children it could very well happen again, and not because of the magic. And it's not fair for any of us to not be open, because we have a bond that allows us to feel what the others are. I can feel your anger and agony." She took a deep breath, her cheeks rosy from the time we've spent outside.

"We will work through this together, just like we have with everything else. This is just another trial. Now c'mon my ass is freezing." Her attempt of joking brought a chuckle from me and a slight grin onto Wilders' lips.

And just like everything else in the Goddess palm, everything was slowly beginning to right itself.