Wilder

Keep it simple.

Because in the heart and thick of it,

down in the core

where we meet our deep-rooted selves,

we are all magic.

Our bodies were bending into a shift, we were shifting together not apart

Our bodies were bending into a shift, we were shifting together not apart. The pain was excruciating as if I was shifting into my own beast all over again.

Something had changed since we mated with Olympia, Ellis and I both felt it. Our Lycan prowled through both of our minds, going from one to the next as it watched through our eyes what was going on.

And now he was getting to come out.

I don't know what happened to our individual beasts, but I had an inkling that they combined. Growing up we had both been very out of control, our beasts never finding a balance within our bodies.

The beast finally finished transforming. The entire thing happening within five seconds, not long at all but when you're in the pain you think its lasting forever.

Through the bond, I could feel Mia behind us, I could hear her gasp as if she was beside my ear. Our senses were in overdrive as we flew through the forest, faintly aware of Mia following her way through the forest, drawing in her magic from the way the trees were all craning in, waiting for her arrival.

Another pack bond was ripped from our bond, the absence of another beast more painful in this form compared to our human form. Our jowls opened, letting out a mournful howl as we ran, aware of the others around us who were expressing their sorrow in the same way as they ran through the forest we've made our home.

Our chest was heaving, both Ellis and I were slightly disoriented as the beast made us take the pain of the shift, so he would be in prime shape for fighting. It was happening along the border of our territory and no man's land.

Rogues were attacking the patrols, our men vastly outnumbered as warriors who had heard the calls and pain from losing the two Lycans that laid crippled on the ground. Their bodies were littered with wounds, blood still seeping from their fur as the howls and cries of their loved ones reached us as we fought.

The beast didn't stop as he crashed right into a larger rogue that was running for one of the patrols that were already injured and fighting against an evenly matched opponent. Jaws snapped at each other, tearing into anything that our teeth could get ahold of as our paws held down the lowly beast's body.

We saw the opening, our mouth tearing down prepared for the kill when a force of two bodies slammed into our side. The scuffle had begun, they had the advantage with my body on the ground, the one I had been holding down a moment ago, holding me down as the other two that threw me off were taking nips at our Lycans enhanced body.

Our wall slipped for just a moment, allowing Mia to feel the pain we were in before Ellis and I both slammed it back up, our beast caught ahold of her pounding footsteps and labored breathing.

Our beast was snarling, our mouth foaming as we snapped at the three pinning us down while surveying those around us. We seemed to be winning, our side now had two or three Lycans attacking the rogues as they were either killed or they fled from the territory.

I snarled as the beast on top of me, opened his jowls, revealing his sharp teeth as he looked for an opening to my jugular. My chest rumbled as I snarled again, showcasing my own canines that were glinting in the moonlight.

It didn't matter, one of the other rogues got ahold of my ear, tearing it back as my head snapped back, putting my neck on showcase as the wolfs eyes above us glinted.

Not only would Olympia lose one of us now, she would lose us both because of our new form.

As the beast began to make his descent, Olympia entered the clearing from the forest, looking as if she had just sprinted miles through the forest as her hands were glowing.

Her eyes connected on our form, trapped beneath three rogues as she cried out, her form shaking.

"No!" Her hands glowed brighter as she suddenly thrust them down. It was like a sound wave, it threw everything in its path off course, being on the ground it didn't affect me as much as those on top of me as they were forced from my body.

The beast's fury was rolling off his form at the thought of his mate getting injured, he moved at a blinding speed taking out the rest of the rogues, slashing their throats, tearing them out, or thrusting his clawed hand through their chest to rip out their still beating heart.

The beast was breathing hard, heavily injured as he was surrounded by corpses. Each of his pack members surrounding him looking just as worse for wear.

As Kendan and their Alpha burst through the trees looking no better with their Luna trailing behind them with a limp, they knew that they ran into trouble on their way here as well.

The beast couldn't keep his legs up as the world began to tilt, the sudden dizziness called for his human counterparts to surge forward, his body falling into the twins as their mate rushed towards the two of them as their pack mates began to shift back as well, looking at the two in horror, confusion, or awe.

Someone better be fucking calling Leroy, was the last thing I thought before blackness took over my sight.

_________

I woke up in pain, the beast oddly silent in my mind. No doubt resting from the fight our body was put through.

My ear was throbbing, along with my right side, my ribs no doubt cracked and slowly healing. My brows furrowed as I struggled, moving to sit up.

There was no pain in my left side or right leg, I was sure that I had gotten hit there. There was no way that the beast in me could have healed my wounds before shifting back.

The room was dark, my eyes glowing as they adjusted to the lighting. Beside me in the same bed, Ellis laid, his leg propped up and shoulder bandaged. His head wasn't bandaged like mine, neither were his ribs.

My brows furrowed deeper as I laid back against the bed, as the door swung open and the lights flicked on, my eyes found my Uncle Leroy whose face was set into a deep frown before he plastered a smile onto his face upon meeting my eyes.

"Perfect, one of you are finally awake." He stepped inside the room, the click of heels following behind him. "I called in a little backup, my magic took a deeper turn when I spelled the both of you. Wilder, meet my mate, Aphrodite."

An ebony woman followed in behind him, her heels clicking as her long wavy brown hair swung each time she walked. Her pouty lips set into a smile, her high cheeks bones complementing her large almond dark eyes. She had no flaws; her face was clear and body standing tall and strong next to Leroy's imposing frame.

"Hello Wilder, I've waited a long time to meet you." She smiled as she greeted me, a glimpse of my mate walking in behind her had me perking up. "Let's get this twin of yours up so we can begin."

Somehow deep in my gut, I knew that something had gone wrong with Leroy's magic the day we were born, the day he saved Kendan. But never did I think that it would turn us into some Lycan shapeshifting mutant.