Epilogue

We were children thrust into war.

When it's over, 

what will we become?

      Kendan sat in the living room as he watched his mother smoothed out her long cream dress for the hundredth time in the past half hour

      Kendan sat in the living room as he watched his mother smoothed out her long cream dress for the hundredth time in the past half hour. The woman who sat by his side wasn't his given mate.

Abigail had lost her mate during one of the rogue attacks after his father had died, weak Lycans hoping to take down a pack after its Alpha passed. They soon realized that they were very wrong to think so.

Kendan and Abigail found comfort in each other's arms during a full moon, the Goddess calling out to them as they found what they needed for the night in the others embrace. A few short weeks later when Abigail turned up pregnant with Kendan's pup, the young Alphas question on how he would get an heir without a mate was answered as the two soon found themselves spending more time with each other and eventually becoming chosen mates. The beautifully healed scar on his neck showed differently than the mangled one that was slowly fading.

The young Alpha couldn't bear to think about the event that left him mate less and fatherless, being shoved into the Alpha position feeling overwhelmed and lost as he often found himself going to his younger sisters' Alpha mate for help.

The two Alphas had grown a strong friendship in the passing months. Something that Kendan appreciated beyond what the older Alpha could comprehend.

"Your sisters' always been just like your father." The eldest sons' eyes turned to his mothers as she spoke for the first time since sitting down. The youngest siblings were in her lap, looking so different than they had been a year ago.

What surprised the Alpha though was the way his mother was speaking about her deceased mate who she refused to talk of for months.

He wasn't surprised when a tear fell from her eye as she gave the Alpha couple a watery smile. "She's always been so strong."

Abigail reached over, holding onto the White-Moon mothers' hand as she drew in a shuddering breath. Abigail fit into our family better than Leia ever did, it had the young Alpha questioning why the Goddess didn't mate him to Abigail, instead she mated him to someone who betrayed Kendan again and again.

My eyes stayed on the round stomach that Abigail was sporting, the womb held their son as he grew safe and sound. As Kendan looked up he met his mothers' eyes, giving her a reassuring smile while nodding. "Mom, Bex has always been a soldier. There's nothing to worry about."

The twins were upstairs in the pack house, unaware of the heart to heart their mother was having with their eldest brother as they both leaned into the mirror to get a better look at themselves as they raked their gel covered fingers through their hair.

The past year had been especially hard for Ellis and Wilder. Especially when it came to their mate, Olympia. After much consideration, the three of them went to counseling together with a trusted member in their sister's pack, the Kalyke pack.