Bexley

Everything you ever wanted

is on the other side of fear.

Looking out of the window in my room, a smile took its place on my lips

Looking out of the window in my room, a smile took its place on my lips. Hidden in the limbs of the grown tree was a nimble nest with a perfect view of three eggs that were constantly being sat on by the mother bird. I longed that I would still be here when they hatched and could awake to the sound of their chirps, reminding me much of what it was to be at home with little kids yapping your ears off.

They reminded me that there was beauty in the small things, and how much I missed my family.

The Alpha hadn't spoken to me since our escapade in the mall, we eventually ended up running from the human mall cop, hiding out in a corner before fleeing the mall.

When we reached his pack territory, he dropped my hand and went back into Alpha mode, I could feel his ice growing around his being as he emotionally shoved me off a cliff.

Getting up, I ran my hands over my tattooed skin, still unused to not having my leather jacket to cover me from everyone's prying eyes. Slipping my shoes on as I could hear Link approaching from down the hall, I opened it just as he raised his hand to knock.

Grinning up at the British blonde, he smiled back, his eyes light. He had asked me to accompany him into a smaller town to run some errands and I was more than happy to oblige.

As much as I liked the old woman, she could be scary whenever something doesn't go her way. Winding my arm through Links, I smiled at the thought of getting out of this damned house.

"Ready?" I inquired, looking up at the slightly taller man.

"Sure am, love. Let's bust outta here."

I felt at peace with Link, in a way that felt similar to how I felt with Max or my brothers. I felt at home. I wasn't sure if the Alpha knew we were leaving, but Beckett did. He wasn't coming as I had Link with me and he said he was more than capable of taking care of me.

As he threw me a sly wink, I knew that he wouldn't be constantly beside me as Beckett would have been. The thought of just a sliver of freedom had me wanting to laugh as we drove with the windows down, my unruly curls becoming even more so.

Sitting up as we rolled down a lonely street that had people bustling up and down the sidewalks, I perked up. It reminded me of my pack with all the people out and about, I didn't allow myself the luxury in the Kalyke pack.

"Alright love," Link spoke up as we were stretching from the stiff car ride. "Don't stray too far unless you want my head mounted on your wall." He winked as I flipped him off and we went ambling down the streets, list in hand that Nan provided him with.

I took in the unfamiliar town. I think I've been here before, this town and the bigger city laid between the two territories of Kalyke and Callisto. Usually, my siblings and I would go to the bigger cities as rogues were more likely to stay away from such populated areas.