Kendan

You never know how strong you are

until strong is the only choice you have.

I don't think I had ever seen Bexley as happy as she was right then, my forehead was pressed against hers, our Lycans reconnecting as they rubbed against each other

I don't think I had ever seen Bexley as happy as she was right then, my forehead was pressed against hers, our Lycans reconnecting as they rubbed against each other. I could feel Leias brooding from behind me, but I didn't pay any attention to my brooding mate. Bex was my sister, not some random female.

She departed from me, falling to her knees as she wrapped our younger siblings in her arms. Olympia was right, she had needed them as much as they needed to see her. I smiled, stepping back as the three of them squeezed each other as close as they could get.

My eyes left the three of them when she glanced behind her shoulder, my eyes met what she was looking at when I saw the blind Alpha leaning against the wall.

My smile dropped as I looked at him, acutely aware of my parents whispering quietly to one another, their beasts relishing in each others company. Something had changed while we had been away. Last time I had seen the Alpha he was a brooding, moody mess. Now, now he just wasn't.

He wasn't a trip, smiling and laughing like his Beta. But he wasn't angry all the time either. Bexley didn't look like she was on her deathbed either, progress had been made. If it was from the partial mark bond, or the two of them growing closer, I wasn't sure.

"I'm going to go talk to some of the pack members," Leia muttered standoffishly. I heard her footsteps departing, my mother's heated stare burning a hole in my back. But before either of us could say anything, Nan, the older woman, beat us to it.

"That ain't how a Luna ought to act!" She snapped at Leia, her words and tone harsh as Bexley rolled her eyes.

"Nan," Lincoln, the Beta, scolded his Grandmother as she ignored him.

"If you're on other pack lands, you ask to be dismissed by the Alpha of that pack missy! You don't just walk away after announcing what you're going to do."

Turning my head over my shoulder, Leia's eyes were wide and shocked as her eyes turned hard. "Alpha, can I go visit the pack grounds?"

My eyes flickered over to said Alpha as he inclined his head and Leia swiftly left the house.

"Now," I started, knowing we were on a tight deadline. "How 'bout that meeting?"

Alpha Dearil sat rigid across from me, he had grown weary the moment that Bexley was lead away with my siblings. Right now, he was the feared Alpha that everyone saw what I had seen before was just who my sister brought out in him.

She would be the only one to ever get that effect out of him.

We explained the prophecy to him, and why we had no worries with the way he had treated her before.