Kendan

I thought you were healing me

but no,

you broke me even more.

            My fist was barreling into the Alphas jaw before anyone could say a word. His glowing peculiar eyes did nothing to set me off as I screamed at him.

"You were supposed to watch her! She is your mate and she's gone!" Spittle flew from my mouth as I was in his face, his eyes flickering around my face.

His beast could see when he couldn't.

"Do you think I do not know this?" His voice was deeper, rougher. "Do you assume I just let them both walk out the door? Your sister is smart, she wanted out and she got out. I shouldn't have left her alone, but I had to take your call."

A tidal wave of guilt slammed into me as I fell back a few steps. It wasn't Alpha Denali's fault for Bex leaving, just like it wasn't my fault that Leia was still missing.

"Can anyone feel her at all?" Wilders' voice was low. He and Ellis both looked rough. The two of them were both leaning heavily on our father who stood there. He was hurt, he was so hurt that he and my mother weren't around each other right now, which was odd.

Our father was with the twins while our mother was with the younger siblings. They knew that Bexley was gone and Beckett was dead. The destroyed bottom floor of the house was enough proof of that.

I could see the anguish in everyone's eyes though. "No one can, not at all?" My heart dropped into my stomach as I clenched my fists.

"I can a bit," Lazarus spoke up, his voice still low and eyes blazing bright. "Not as much to know what's happening."

"What do we do now?" Ellis' voice broke as he asked the question, we were all being affected. "They have no scents, no traces, we have no leads beside what Alpha Denali saw. We have nothing."

"These next 24 hours are going to be the most critical," I spoke up, noticing the way Lazarus was clenching his fists. "We need to find a lead, I'm sending my members back out into the forest," I spoke out, turning my back on the group as I called out to my pack members.

"Callisto pack members, head back out to the forest. Keep your eyes open, were running out of time." The Lycans let silently moved out into the forest, in beast and human forms looking for any clue they could find.

I stood there, not knowing what to do as I watched my wolves run into the woods with the Kalyke pack not far behind them. Alpha Denali was still standing there behind me as we stood out in the cold alone.