Ellis

Live as though it was your last day on Earth.

Someday you will be right.

There was nothing better than waking up after a long night of working to the pretty face of my mate

There was nothing better than waking up after a long night of working to the pretty face of my mate. Her blue hair mused as she is plastered to Wilders side, facing me.

Getting out of the warm bed, I'm met with the cold floors as I made my way to the bathroom to shower and get ready for another long day.

With my parents still gone, it left the burden of the responsibility on the three of our shoulders. And with Kendan worried about what Leia was doing and making sure the pack was running, it left the financial business and training to Wilder and I. Responsibilities we evenly juggled while trying to make sure our mate wasn't feeling left out.

Stepping from the cold shower, I ran a hand through my hair as I took a deep breath, the stress weighing heavy on me when soft lips met my own. Pressing my lips firmly against Olympias, my body was ignited, the urge to finish mating beginning to drive my every instinct as we tried to hold off until the threat was gone.

"Morning," I mumbled against her lips, sensing Wilder was still asleep. "I didn't mean to wake you."

"You didn't," She grinned as she turned the water on, the steam visible from here. "I wake once either of you leaves my side."

She got in the shower as I began to get dressed in the outfit she brought in for me. "Are you going to be busy today?"

"Not too sure," Slipping the shirt over my head, I slipped on my jeans. "I know we have pack wide training today, don't know how much paperwork I have to do after though."

I could hear her hum over the steady drum of water. "Anything I can do to help?" My lips pulled into a smirk at her innocent smirks, as if I didn't know she was already helping Kendan with paperwork.

"Nope, just keep working on what you're doing. Be safe when you're practicing magic." Leroy had returned home to his cottage in the woods to deal with his own mate. The vampire had his hands full with a mate directly from the Goddess of Love.

"Alright, I'm heading out. Give me a kiss," She poked her head from behind the curtain to give me my wish, her wet hand curling around my shirt as we pulled away.

"Have a good day." The blush that spread across her cheeks and down her neck had me grinning as I left the room to the training fields.

Things were good between the three of us, but something was missing, and I know it is our marks that are missing from her that are causing these feelings. But if Bexley could contain her at times feral beast, then so would I.

I was no fool when it came to my sister, even if it seemed like I was the laid back of the four of us. As my eyes traveled around the training field, calling out what forms they were doing wrong and going to supervise up close. I couldn't help my eyes as they found Max form.

I had no doubt about who my sister wanted as her chosen if the Alpha didn't want her. She's been a planner since she could put together coherent thoughts, she always had a backup plan, I guess that included when it came to her mate.

Max and Bexley had always been close growing up as she trained with us, but their budding friendship was seen odd at times seeing as the man grew up with our mother, but Bexley was fond of him so anyone who said anything, made sure to say it when she wasn't around.

And with a little eaves dropping on my own side, I overheard the call he made to her. If anyone could talk sense into her fighting for her mate, it was Max. And from the sounds of it, she isn't going to just roll over and allow the Alpha to walk over her.

When Wilder made his way out to the field, I stripped my top off knowing it was time for the two of us to spar with the pack. Going to a ring on the side of the clearing, I smirked, bouncing on my toes as my twin narrowed his eyes across me.

"Little brother, glad you finally awoke." He didn't give into my taunting as I continued, watching his movement to see if there were any injuries I was unaware of that would help me win. But it was useless, we always ended in a tie or draw. Our minds and bodies were too connected for anything else to happen.

He lunged first, something out of character for my younger brother. As I ducked to the side, I managed to miss his charging body, but his long arms still knocked into me as it knocked me off my balance.

If we were going to play like that, bring it on. Flashing my canines, I knew my eyes were glowing, just like his were now.

We lunged at each other over and over, looking for an opening to take the other down as the others stopped sparring to watch their future Betas duel.

The both of us got in good bites or scratches with our canines and claws, but the pain we felt from the wound we put on the other was the downfall. As he dropped his arm slightly, blood flowing from it. I knew I found a way in, and from the look in his eyes as I eased my weight from my bit leg, we lunged at the same time.

Limbs moved in a flurry, his arm pinned behind his back, my leg unable to bear weight on it, but the same conclusion as always, the only difference were the wounds we sustained from it.

Both of our hands were locked around the others necks as we were face to face, Wilder laying with his arm trapped behind his back.

As both of our beasts realized the draw, they retreated slightly, as I clapped my hand in Wilders, dragging him up with me. Our wounds would heal in a few hours, turning back to the grown crowd I cheekily grinned.

"Get back to work, slackers." A few chucked as they walked back to their sparring partners. Giving a nod to Max, he knew training was in his hands now as Wilder and I had to go work on the damned paperwork.

"You know," Wilders' voice brought me out of my mind as we were walking back to the pack house. "You're getting pretty slow, old man." He gauffed as I shoved his side, rolling my eyes, nevertheless a smile tugging at my lips.

Because even if there was a war coming, we couldn't let it stop our everyday lives. If tomorrow I died, I would be okay with that knowing that this was how I lived the last day before I died.

With that thought in mind, I planned on seeking out our mate before we began the paperwork.