Wilder

Always show appreciation.

What's taken for granted will eventually be taken away.

Then you end up missing most what you appreciated least.

I frowned at the group in front of me, my beast still upset we didn't finish what we started earlier with our mate

I frowned at the group in front of me, my beast still upset we didn't finish what we started earlier with our mate. I glanced to the side, finding her strikingly pale as she tried to digest the information that was just thrown at us.

A snarl threatened to escape me as I clenched my fists, fighting the urge when her small hand enveloped my own, calming me down just enough to be present in my own mind.

"My beast doesn't like this." My words were strangled, he was still trying to fight for control, to show them they couldn't tell him when or how he would mate with his own mate. She was his, and his only to share with his brother.

"Honey." My mother reached out to me, her own Lycan doing the same, wanting to soothe her frantic pup. "We're not saying you cannot mate, just to think of the consequences right now."

Leroy piped in, my Lycan bristling. He was furious with him at the moment. "The prophecy began the moment Bexley met her mate, something is going to happen whether we want it to or not."

My father stepped in, knowing my beast was growing angry at Leroy, a man who was like our Uncle, but so much more at the same time.

"Son, we should have sat you all down when we realized the four of you had mates. We didn't get to you in time though, Kendan finished the bond." His gaze hardened as both Ellis and I growled at the fact our older brother got to do what we were longing for. "And the consequences at the moment will outweigh whatever momentary bliss you receive." He tried to have his words come off convincing, but as he glanced at my mother I knew it was a lie.

He would still have finished the mating bond if he was in our place.

"Can we have a moment." Olympia finally spoke up from in between us, she's been quiet since we were roused from our almost escapade.

"Of course." My mother quickly answered, rushing Leroy and my father out quickly to let our mate speak to us.

Only we sat in silence for many more minutes, all of us trying to grasp for our thoughts.

"This prophecy, I can't ignore it." Her eyes were glued to the ground. "He has magic, Leroy, even if it is attained instead of birthed. It's a powerful one. It was made while he bound your lives together, some greater force giving it to him as he said."

Her eyes were filled with unshed tears as she glanced at the both of us. "We're going to lose one of you four, and if this bond is as powerful as I feel it is, then I would die from the heartbreak, along with the twin who survived." She shook her head, lip quivering as she sobbed, clutching our hands to her chest.