Ellis

It's scary

what a smile

can hide.

I didn't know if I was angry at the fact Bexley went and talked to Kendan, knowing we were angry with me, or the fact that I didn't talk to him before she did

I didn't know if I was angry at the fact Bexley went and talked to Kendan, knowing we were angry with me, or the fact that I didn't talk to him before she did. I shouldn't have to have my mate tell me to get my head out of my ass as she has been for the past five minutes.

I was in my Lycan form with her on my back as we ran to her cottage, after searching her address we realized it was well over an hour away, even as we shifted to our beasts.

She rode comfortably on my back, her legs tightly wrapped around my waist as I stood on my hind legs, her arms looped around my shoulders as she told me off, occasionally her wild hair brushing against my bristled fur as she would make sure that Wilder was still behind us.

And he always was, his beast on his hind legs as well as he tried to keep the distance between us minimal in case something happened.

We had come across multiple bear and mountain lion trails as we ran through the woods, neither that we wanted to come into contact with when our mate was with it. Even if she was still a witch, her human body made her more vulnerable to attacks.

She wanted to show us her magic, to prove she could care for herself, but after she shared that it was very draining for her both Wilder and I told her not to overwork herself, saying we would see it another time.

But I didn't miss the way the flowers seemed to reach for her as they stretched bigger to make themselves more seen as we strolled through the gardens, how even the wildlife seemed drawn to her, squirrels running up to her with little hesitance as she gave them nuts.

I didn't miss the greenery around the house that seemingly happened overnight, in almost every room there were plants or flowers of some type, bringing life to a previously dull room.

Our little mate was changing things for the better whether she saw it or not. She was still afraid to do anything that can be seen as wrong though, her smile dropping from her face when Max asked where all the damn flowers came from, the same plants seemed to wilt in front of us as our Mia was upset.

Wilder calmed her down as I told Max that I thought they were a great addition to the house, the compliment seemingly breathed life back into said flowers, to Mia. When his eyes flickered to Olympia they flashed in understanding before he excused himself.

She's wary now about adding more greenery, checking multiple times with my mom and dad before even thinking about telling us. Almost as if she was afraid of the consequences that would happen if she were to disobey.

A sharp tug on my pointed ear had me wincing as I whined, looking to my mate who was glaring daggers at me. "Ellis!" She shouted accusingly, very loudly as she was next to my ear. "You aren't even listening."