Bexley

My heart is

so tired.

I laid in bed, Emerson curled into my side as she played with my curls

"The ball is tonight," Her soft voice whispered to me as I squeezed her closer to me, her soft body tiny and vulnerable. "I wish I could go." I heard the pout in her voice rather than saw it.

"You can go in my place." I joked, wishing that my toddler sister could take my place for this damned ball.

"No," She gasped bolting upright as I groaned. "It's your turn to be a princess, I just wish we could be princesses together."

"Em, you're the only princess here."

"You're lying," She called out in a singsong voice as she bounced from my bed heading for my closet. "Daddy calls you his princess all the time."

I narrowed my eyes at the little girl who took after my mom and dad. "What?" I asked, causing her to squeak and look at me with her big dark eyes.

"Daddy said I wasn't supposed to tell you that, you promise to forget it right?" She plead, clasping her hands together in front of her.

Rolling my eyes at the antics from our dad, I nodded appeasing her.

"Is Olympia coming to get ready with you?" Her tiny voice asked as she dug through my closet, she was more than enough princess for the both of us.

"Yup." I popped the p leaning back in my bed.

"No fair," Her voice huffed. "Can I see your dresses." I smiled, looking down at my baby sister.

I went to answer her, but Olympia ran into the room, slamming the door behind her causing the two of us to look at her bewildered. Her cheeks were flushed, breathing labored, and lips swollen and red.

I smirked knowing that she had her hands full with the twins. She narrowed her eyes as she caught my smirk but pushed off the door. "Are you ready to get dressed as princesses?" Emerson's voice was high was excitement, as she rushed to meet Olympia.

"Well of course I am." She smiled, hugging the smaller girl. "I've never gotten to be a princess before."

"Me neither," Emerson breathed, looking at Olympia as if she had just offered her the world.

I chuckled, pushing myself out of bed. We should have already been getting ready an hour ago, but never one to follow rules I had told Olympia the wrong time, on purpose.

Hanging the dresses on the back of my closet door, Emerson pouted near the door as Olympia drifted closer, itching for a look at the dress I've kept hidden from her the past two days she's been here.

"Well, I guess I'll go see if Mommy needs help with something." Emerson sighed dramatically as I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, bye." I watched in amusement as her mouth dropped open and eyes widened before she started walking to the door.