Bexley

Torture can be a 

two-edged sword.

            I woke up with a cottonmouth, dry mouth. My head was throbbing, eyes sore and itchy, and I was naked- my body throbbing from them no doubt throwing me carelessly on the ground.

The room was freezing, no doubt due to the air conditioners that were lined up against the wall, all blowing full blast. It wasn't as bad as it should have been with my Lycan keeping my body heat high, but when we get weak and she must start pulling her energy, I was going to be freezing.

I crossed my ankles as I brought my knees to my chest, hugging them.

I should have paid more attention, I should have demanded explanations. But I didn't. And now I was paying the price.

As an Alpha child, we grew up being threatened by smaller packs who wanted to scare us into submission. At first, my mother was a complete wreck about it, she had been forced into Lycanthropy. She soon found that the majority of the threats were just bluffs.

Callisto has always had more allies than enemies. It was because of my parents that we were the pack that we were. My parents didn't care about the hierarchy of the packs. All they ever wanted was a happy pack, and for so long that's what we were. But as of late we had been struggling to continue being happy.

If there was one thing I knew about Callisto, it was that they were fighters, the pack didn't give up.

Getting off the ground, my body cried out in protest as I walked to the door, my hand was around the frigid handle as I tugged. Not expecting the door to open as easily as it did, I stumbled back, only to keep stumbling back as I saw the three men standing in the doorway.

"Lovely, you're awake." The man who had given the order to kill Beckett stepped forward, grinning maliciously. "Your head looks healed as well, that Lycan in you must be working double time to keep your body in shape." I stood still as he continued approaching, he was trying to get a rise out of me. He didn't want this to be easy, he wanted me to fight him.

"Maybe we should have kept your friend alive?" My beast surged forward, struggling against the tight grip I had on her restraint. "Then we could have listened as you cried out, perhaps we could have sent a few limbs back to the precious Alpha?"

I snarled, my eyes flashing for a moment as my body jerked forward.

"Ah," He smiled, brushing his greying hair back with one hand. "There she is." As if waiting for any sign of my beast, once he saw her, he snapped his fingers. The two men still in the doorway moved accordingly, the door slamming shut behind them as they approached me.