Ellis

There's always a wild side

to an innocent face.

Leaving Kendan and Leia to finish cleaning wasn't my plan

Okay, so maybe it kind of was, I just suggested it, Olympia was the one to jump at the idea. Saying that cleaning reminded her too much of the homes she's been in.

Homes, as in plural.

My beast and I bristled at the snippet of information on her past that we got, not liking the feeling that she's never known how a real family should be.

She was in wonder over the dinner, she couldn't stop giggling at how everyone was sitting together, asking Wilder and I if this happens every night, where all these people came from.

As if she lived in a solitaire life, void of any human interaction.

It was unsettling how she could seem perfectly fine and then be in awe as my mother grabbed picture books to show her our lives as we've grown. She couldn't get over the fact that we looked so happy in all the pictures.

I wasn't the only one unsettled by it, Wilder was barely keeping himself together. But then again Wilder was always more beast than human, while I was the opposite. Those instincts drove us, although my beast wanted to rip apart anyone who hurt our mate, I could keep him at bay.

Wilder, on the other hand, he was struggling to keep his human on the upper hand his beast fighting for control as tremors racked his body.

As we were walking up the steps, I could still see how Wilder barely help himself in control as the three of us walked silently, reaching out I intertwined my fingers with Olympia, her palm fitting perfectly into my own.

She turned, startled at the contact as warmth spread up her arm. She smiled down at our hands before looking at me, the steady look in her eyes never fading, those green beauties blowing me away as she reached down for Wilders' hand, interlocking their hands.

His beast calmed at the contact of his mate, I smiled to myself, my beast purring as his mate ran her thumb over the back of my hand. Olympia wanted things between the both of us to be fair.

Although she grew up as a witch, she confessed that she didn't know a lot until she turned 18, when she left into the real world. She had found out about Lycans first and had been enamored by the fact of mates, binding your souls together forever. Interlocking them into a tightly woven union that was only separated by death once it was sealed.

She never imagined she would have a mate, let alone two Lycan beasts as mates.

But she was handling it well, my mom approves which really was a good thing. She was always hard on all of us when we were younger, it was nice to have her approve of our mate if it's the only thing she ever will approve of.