Ellis

Leroy

This life has been a landscape of pain,

and still, flowers bloom in it.

            I was still sore after waking up

            I was still sore after waking up. Everything hurt.

My shoulder was throbbing, and I couldn't feel my leg, but the pain from my head and weren't hurting like I knew they should have from how our beast was hurt.

The moment I opened my eyes I had wanted to throw up; the scents were intense. Our beast was retreated, healing on his own. Though we took the brunt of the hits, our Lycans had to help us heal and replenish the energy we use while healing in our human forms.

Which is what our beast is doing at this very moment, healing as he gave us his energy to speedily patch up our own wounds.

But our wounds were split, glancing over at an awake Wilder, I saw that he had varying wounds than my own, yet he was watching the door to the private suite at the pack doctors' small practice.

Cringing as Wilder turned to me, looking just as confused, the bloody bandage around his head standing out. Whatever happened, I'm glad I didn't end up with the shredded ear. Although, I doubt it would look shredded once it healed.

"Hey," I cracked a grin at my younger twin, my voice breaking as my tongue felt like sandpaper in my mouth.

"Well, that didn't take long for him to wake up." Leroy's voice spoke up, causing my eyes to swivel towards my intimidating uncle, who I just realized I had a bone to pick with.

"You're an asshole," My weak demeanor did nothing to back my words. "Do you know how much pain I'm fucking in?" My teeth were grinding as I began to feel just how much pain I was in.

It was like wolf's bane was burning through my veins, throughout my entire body. Moving did nothing but encourage the flame licking pain to travel further.

"They didn't want to give either of you anything." Our mates voice had both of our attention going to her, watching as she confidently stepped from behind an unfamiliar woman. "They don't want to negatively affect your Lycan. Mixing magic with medicine can be dangerous in certain predicaments."

Mia's eyes flickered between the both of us, becoming flustered as she didn't know who to go to first. As her eyes met mine, I jerked my head in Wilders direction. My hot head of a twin needed to calm down. I could practically feel the anger simmering from him.

She looked wary, sending an apologetic glance over to me as she crawled in the bed next to Wilder, away from his wounded side. I tried moving again, but the propped-up leg that screamed out in pain every time I tried to move halted that process.

"Since Princess is awake," Leroy started, ignoring my growl at the mocking name. "Let's catch him up. My magic did an oopsie, you guys are some mutant Lycan, this is my mate Aphrodite, we got another threat about Bexley, we don't know how long it will take for you to heal."