Bexley

Embrace uncertainty. 

Some of the most beautiful chapters

in our lives won't have a title until much later.

Looking into the eyes that matched my own perfectly, I felt my resolve slipping

Looking into the eyes that matched my own perfectly, I felt my resolve slipping. The hurt in the eyes were masked, desperately trying to keep their resolve strong. I had said goodbye to everyone else in my family, not choking up until now.

My heart clenched painfully, my beast whimpering as we would have to leave our family, our pack. For someone who doesn't want us. It wasn't fair.

I drank in the features, trying desperately to remember all the nicks and scars on his face, how his nose scrunched as he tried not to let the tears fall, the glassy look in his eyes. It broke my heart.

I couldn't say goodbye to my dad.

As much hell, as I gave him, I knew that what everyone said was true. I was a daddy's girl, as much as I protested and tried to deny it. My dad and I had a special bond.

"I love you," I whispered in his ear as he pulled me in close, wrapping me in his big arms that felt like they did as I was a mere pup and had shifted for the first time.

"I love you more princess," And as a drop of water fell onto my shoulder, as my fathers tear fell onto my skin. I nearly broke right then and there.

"Don't worry guys." I forced a smile onto my weary face, looking out at my pack. Specifically, Leroy who showed up to show us off, me off. "I'll be back to annoying all of you before you know it."

My joke was met with sad smiles, not one of them like the circumstances that their Alphas oldest daughter was put under. The child who was kind to everyone she came across. The Moon Goddess must know what she was doing by putting them together, right?

I turned away from them, taking heavy steps where my new pack, for the time being, was standing, my bare feet hitting the ground. Every bone in my body was screaming for me to turn around and run back to my room. To rip up the letter I had hidden just in case things go wrong.

And I did turn around when Emerson started screaming. "This isn't fair!" She dropped to the ground sobbing, her emerging beast snarling inside of her upset and angry by what was happening. "You can't leave me, you said you wouldn't leave!" Her shrieks were common around the pack, but they were always happy. These were anguish sobs, full of betrayal.

My previously heavy legs felt light as I briskly jogged back over to my younger sibling, dropping onto my jean clad knees in front of her, holding her shoulders. Her big brown eyes were softly glowing, her beast angry.

My Lycan met me halfway, letting our own eyes glow as her beast calmed enough for Emerson to just cry softly on her own.

"I don't want to forget you." Her soft voice whimpered, her beast holding tightly onto my own.