Chapter 9: Surprise Classmate

Start from the beginning

“Didn’t you win that poetry contest back a while?”

“That was only because the person I had to help in my mission was a local English teacher…” Janice mumbled.

“You can say whatever you want. But we both know you love the…” Jeremy stopped walking and turned to Janice. He put on a dark look and held his arms out, “the dramatic arts.” I said in a mysterious tone that made Janice laugh.

 “Calm down Mr. Photography.” Janice stuck her tongue out at him. He laughed along with her and wrapped his arm around her shoulder. 

“Touché! Let’s find homeroom.” Jeremy smiled before pushing past a group of guys. 

“Janice!” Janice turned her head a little before getting pulled out of Jeremy’s arms and into a new pair.

“Hi, Penny!” The two girls laughed.

“Penelope!” Matt whined as he ran over. A pair of girls stared at them.

“Can we help you?” Penny snapped at them. They squeaked a sorry and ran off. “Pssh. Underclassmen.” Penny grumbled. “How are you guys?” 

“Pretty good.” Jeremy answered

“Where’s your homeroom?” After telling Matt where their homeroom is, they followed him to the class.

“Here yah go!” Penny smiled.

“Thanks guys!” 

“Where’s your next class? Maybe we can walk together.” Penny told Janice.

“We have all the same core classes.” Jeremy explained. The group exchanged schedules. Matt was in Janice’s English and Drama classes, at least she wouldn’t be alone like Jeremy. Jeremy had no one in his photography class.

“I’ll meet you guys outside of the room for Biology.” Penny nodded to them before skipping away. Matt waved before leaving them. The two missionaries looked at each other before walking into the room.

“You two must be new!” A bouncy lady smiled from her desk as soon as the two stepped in.

 “Uh, yeah…” Jeremy hesitated

“Come in!” The lady waved them over. “Yay! You’re going to enjoy it here at Pineridge! I’m so excited!” The lady blabbed. The two stood awkwardly as students walked in and looked. “Oh, where are my manners? I’m Jenna Loche. Call me Mrs. Loche! I’m your homeroom teacher!” Janice wondered why she was so excited. Was she always like this?

“Well, I’m Janice Redwood.”

“I’m Jeremy Blaze.”

“Yay! Nice to meet you two! Take a seat!” Mrs. Loche pointed to the chairs. They nodded mutely and took the first two seats they could find.

“She looks like she’s on drugs.” Jeremy whispered to Janice. She punched his shoulder.

“Don’t say that about people!” Janice whispered back. He shot her an amused glare, which she returned.

 “Are you two going out?” They looked up to see a tall brunette. She held an irritated voice and her arms were crossed over her chest.

“Uh, well yeah.” Janice said, surprised. 

“Becky! Oh my gawd! I’m sorry!” Another girl walked up and gripped her friend’s arm.

“Well, you wanted to know. Didn’t you?” The girl, Becky, asked her friend.

“Yeah! But that doesn’t mean you have to ask.” Becky’s friend sighed.

 “It’s fine!” Janice waved her hands.

“See!” Becky pointed to her friend.

“Becky…” She hissed back.

“It’s fine! Honestly!” Janice smiled. “I’m Janice. This is my boyfriend Jeremy.” She introduced herself along with Jeremy to the girls. He smiled awkwardly.

“Oh, I’m Ellie and that’s Becky.”

“I’m pretty sure they figured that.” Becky told Ellie, who responded with a glare.

“I’m sorry for Becky’s straight-forwardness. If that’s even a word.” Ellie smiled sweetly after Becky turned on her heel and walked away. She and Janice started to giggle. A bell rang, probably signaling the start of class.

“Everyone? Let’s get back to our chairs!” Mrs. Loche announced from her spot in the room. Everyone sat down quietly and waited for Mrs. Loche to say something. “So, if you didn’t notice we have two new students. If you could, Janice and Jeremy, can you introduce yourself to the class-“ Mrs. Loche was interrupted from the door opening.

            Janice saw an all too familiar figure walk into the class.

 “Mr. Trainer. It’s great for you to join us.” Janice’s classmate and fellow employee smirked at the teacher.

“It’s just great to be here!” Sarcasm dripped off of his words.

            Janice finally figured it out. J. Bear was really Jay Bear. As is Jay, an actual name. As in Jay Trainer, her client. As in Jay Trainer, her ticket to becoming a full fledged angel.

            Suddenly, Janice felt her final mission just got a lot harder.

A/N: I'm such a cracker jacker, I know. But, A DOLLAH MAKE MEH HOLLAH... I just finished Clannad and Clannad After Story, so sorry if I'm emotional. It's such a great anime :O

Thanks for reading! If you find any mistakes then please tell me! I love feedback! The song on the side is just something that I LOVE so very much. It's a new song that one of my favorite bands just came out with! LISTEN TO IT!