"I know but to be honest I'm just happy to be almost done with Women's United. Gets kind of exhausting."

"Yeah I can imagine. But Rita said you did very well. Improved alot and she thinks you will do well. Which I believe too."

"Ahh I hope. As long as I don't end up like her."

"Like who honey?"

"Like the woman who gave birth to me." With Callie rolling her eyes the older woman could only let out a quiet sigh for she was hoping that each day she spent with Callie the closer she could get to her at least talking to Stef without any anamostity. 

"Honey come sit. I want to talk to you"Taking a seat on one of the benches Diane handed Callie a photo she had never seen before of the little family.

"What's this? I've never seen this photo before."

"I know. It's of all of us here. We use to come here all the time. Do you remember?"

"No."

"We did. Jude was just learning to walk then and you use to chase him down the boardwalk. They use to have a little playground with animals but they got rid of it sadly."

"Di why..

"Honey. Just listen ok? I'm not going to push a thing on you. Nothing because that is unfair of me. You are entitled to feel how ever you feel."

"Then how come no one will let me Mom. I don't love her. I just dont. I did at one point but it was too hard. It was too hard to love her and I don't get how you still can after how she treated you. Besides she has her own family now again with my brother and her real daughter."

"What do you mean real daughter?"

"Please. Little miss perfect Frankie. Stef loves her and I barely hear from Jude anymore."

"Callie she loves you too. And you are her real daughter and I'm sure Frankie is not perfect by any means. No one is. But sweetheart I forgave your mom because we have had a long friendship and relationship that many people wouldn't understand. She will always have a place in my heart. Always and I will always love her. Not in the way we use to but in another way. And Cal she is not a bad person despite some of the things she did. But no one is  perfect. No one and all we can do is try our best. I've made my fair share of mistakes. A ton but your mom and I we went through tough things together and I will be honest she did alot for me."

"Like what?"

"She loved me for who I was l."

"She cheated on you mom. She treated you lousy and she destroyed our family."

"Callie no.  She didn't destroy our family."

"She did."

"No I won't put that blame on her. I won't because I allowed alot of things to happen myself. And I wasn't the angel. I know it feels like to you she messed our family up but no honey. We both needed help in different ways and we weren't aware of it at the time. But we both tried our best. We did and she tried her hardest with you and Jude. I know you are pissed she left for Nevada, and that Robert isn't your father or Judes and that you feel she lied about alot of things but I don't want hate to cloud you. And your mind and your future. I've always loved you sweetheart, always."

"I've always loved you too." Callie admitted with tears in her eyes as she continued to look at the photo.

"And I'm not saying you have to do anything. Just think about seeing your mom before we leave?"

"Di did you come here for this? To get me to talk to her?"

"No honey. I came to see you for many reasons. I came to see the little girl that is my heart. But I also wanted to remind you of how many people love you. And your brother does love you sweetheart. Jude adores you and always will. I didn't have much family honey besides my aunt and when she passed just a few cousins. But nothing more.  You and your brother and your mom were my family. And I would have done anything for you and still would. You have more then me, and you have a family that is willing to support you no matter what. You have a mother, yes, I call her your mother because she is who wants to make things better for you. You have a brother, you have an older sister who wants to know you, you have an aunt who wants to know you.  Callie you have a family beyond me. SO think about what it would really mean to change your last name. Don't let anger make the choice honey because that kind of thinking never wins."

Holding the girls hand tightly Callie could only feel the tears continue to cloud her eyes for her mind was so confused. It really was as she looked back to the photo and cried even harder at how she was hugging her mom so close. Did she miss her? She didn't know and was afraid to answer.
________

Will Callie ever forgive Stef?