(Chapter 16) I'm in utopia

Start from the beginning

He didn't like it.

He tried to just focus on the fact that he was healing.

Because he was.

After three days, the soreness was mostly gone, and he was well enough to be doing light exercise again.

Even if he did need some Soulmate energy every few hours.

And reality sets in as Jungkook is handed a clipboard.

"With the Love Yourself: Answer comeback so near, the best thing we can do to hide your soulmate bond is to act like nothing happened. We have to get ready for the comeback," Namjoon tells him.

Jungkook nods.

Of course. The whole point of risking his life to stave off the public release of his bonding was so that Bangtan could continue on.

Of course he needed to practice for the Comeback.

"Ah, Jungkook is so talented, he knows all his parts already," Hoseok chimes in, characteristically himself, comforting everyone, praising Jungkook, bringing in the sunshine from outside.

Jungkook lets himself smile.

"I still need to practice."

"Taehyung still needs to practice," Namjoon laughs.

"As do I. And Jin hyung. We all still make mistakes. IDOL choreography isn't easy."

Taehyung pouts at the mention of his name as he ties his shoelace.

"I know, I know," he whines. "You don't have to remind me."

Jungkook's mind, though, is worrying whether he can keep up.

He's been walking around just fine, but choreography was demanding. It exhausted him even when he was healthy.

It wasn't until Soulmate asked a manager if she could go home

while Jungkook went to rehearsal

that Jungkook remembered she wasn't going to always be available.

He hadn't thought about it.

She had her own life.

A noona took Soulmate away from him- er, home, to get some of her things.