They looked to you with sad eyes as you cried, running home. Shota was in another area with Hizashi patrolling, and when he came back he saw you in his bed, asleep and not tossing and turning. You had woken up in a middle of a nightmare and taken a pill.

When you woke up, the memory haunted you, but you didn't want to tell Shota of your failure. He would be disappointed and worried. You didn't want that.

You were never a hero to begin with, so would it really matter, though?

You stared up at the ceiling with that event replaying in your head over and over. Then the sleeping pills took effect as you fell asleep.

---\/---/\---\/---

"[Y/N]."

You opened your eyes, seeing a scruffy man looking down at you. He looked like that poison villain. You screamed, smacking your hand at him. He killed that boy with no remorse. He looked at him as if he was nothing. He attacked you with such a sadistic look in his eyes.

"[Y/N]!"

You recognized the voice that sounded so much like that villain when he told you his motive. Revenge. Payback. Vengeance. Probably for some stupid reason. And the boy didn't do anything to deserve the pain.

Your eyes started watering as you huddled into a ball, the events of the incident flashing through your head.

A hand rested on your shoulder. You were shaking, and you didn't bother to push it away and you stared off into space. You didn't even know that boy.

"[Y/N]."

You looked up, seeing that the man was Shota. He had changed out of his hero costume and into a white shirt and black shorts. His face was serious, yet his eyes held worry and kindness and his voice was soft.

You hiccuped, lunging forward to embrace him. He hugged back, not saying a word. When you calmed down, you wiped your eyes and stared at him. You watched as a green virus started taking over his face like that poison did to the boy. You shivered, starting to cry again.

Shota stayed with you, whispering you that everything was okay. He didn't know what you went through, but he was going to stay you the whole time.

You gripped his shirt like he was your last hope. Your body shook as you cried, your eyes tired and your vision blurred.

The black-haired man reached down to grab your wrist, but you it moved away. You couldn't let him see what you did to yourself. However, he was fast and grabbed your hand, then pulling the long sleeves up.

He went silent when he saw the dried, bloodied cuts, inspecting them. They weren't deep, but it was enough to draw blood and inflict pain. When you did it, the pain numbed your mind for a while, so that you'd forget about the world and its problems, at least for a little bit.

He glanced at the pill bottle on the bedside table and grabbed it, reading the label and seeing that it was almost empty. He set it back down on the desk.

You sniffed and hiccuped, waiting for him to yell at you. Instead, he asked softly, "What happened?"

You shook your head, holding on to his shirt. His hand intertwined yours and you felt the chill of his wedding ring on his finger. He always put it on right after he got home from work and patrol, as to not accidentally lose it in a fight with a villain or something.

"Please tell me," he begged, "So I can help you."

And so you did. Hesitant and with a shaky voice, you explained what had happened in the past few days, starting from the incident. About the villain and the young boy.