Chapter 38

"God, why did you have to get sick right before we have to go?" Shota chided.

"Hey, blame my immune system, not me." I took a large gulp of water and sneezed. A few days have passed since the date. We had stayed home and been lazy, watched TV, and I read while Shota slept.

I had caught a cold, probably when I went to go buy cooking ingredients for meals and it started raining and I didn't bring an umbrella. I was on Shota's sofa and felt terrible with a snuffy nose and hoarse throat.

"Guess you can't go to the summer camp then," Shota sighed and shook his head.

"But the students will miss me." I pouted, then hugged on to his arm. "And I'll miss you."

"I'll go tell Nezu about your terrible condition when I get to the school." He shrugged me off. "You should go to sleep."

"No."

"You'll recover faster."

"No."

"Sleeping pills?"

"No. I don't want to be addicted to those."

"You're being like a two-year-old."

"...No."

I crossed my arms and pouted as Shota facepalmed. "You're being house arrested until you get better," Shota threatened. "Go to bed."

"No," I whined. "I want to go."

The doorbell interrupted our bickering. Shota quickly got up to answer and was surprised to see Hizashi standing there in his casual attire, his hair in a bun.

"Hey, Shota!" Hizashi exclaimed, then looked behind him to see me. "Hey, [Y/N]!"

"Hizashi. What are you doing here?" Shota asked in clear annoyance.

"Oh, I came to check on you guys and help out since you two are going off to summer camp! Plus, I was bored."

Shota shook his head in disappointment again. "[Y/N]'s sick, so she can't go." Then he smirked. "If you really want to help, you can keep [Y/N] here; she's under house arrest until she gets better. If that's all settled, I'll be going soon."

"Hey! I never agreed to this!" I argued. However, Hizashi gave me a wink, as if trying to tell me something. I glared at him.

Shota quickly got his hero outfit and headed out, but not before giving me a kiss on the forehead. "I would do the lips... but you're sick. See you in a few weeks, [Y/N]."

I frowned, but waved at him as he left, accepting the fact that I was too sick to go.

"So, Hizashi," I began.

"Let's go somewhere," Hizashi said immediately. "Being cooped up in a house is not fun."

I raised my eyebrow. "Shota will kill you. I'm under house arrest."

"He's kidding about that, jeez. Don't take him so seriously."

I coughed, taking another sip of water. "Even if I did want to go out, I can't. I'm sick."

Hizashi sighed. "And Shota decided to leave me with you to take care of?"

I laughed softly, as to not hurt my throat even more. "He obviously trusts you, then. You can keep me company, anyways. You said you were bored, too."

"Ooh, we can do a sleepover!" Hizashi snapped his fingers. "I'll call Nemuri, Meleoron, maybe Toshinori too!"

Oh, Hizashi. "What if I'm contagious?" I joked.

A few calls later, Hizashi sighed. "Everyone but Meleoron is busy. He's coming ov-" He suddenly yelped and jumped forward, putting his hand on the back of his neck.