Chapter 27

---[Reader's POV]---

Walking back home, I felt a sense of relief. Tomura and Shota were getting along, as I'd hope, but who knows how long that will last. Tomura was going to plan something against him anytime now to kill All Might.

Unlocking the door to my apartment, I began wondering if I should stop helping Tomura as a villain. I still wanted to be a teacher, and, after all, there were many other teachers that I could get along with if I stopped hating them and seeing them as evil. But Tomura would feel betrayed, and I would be a traitor, like Meleoron. If I continue helping him though, I can't be a true teacher. I would be a villain. I sighed, not knowing what to do.

Suddenly, blinding heat interrupted my thoughts. I looked inside the apartment to see blue flames everywhere. I gasped.

A man in his early 20's with dark hair and a patchwork-like patterns stitched into his face and arms was in the middle of the room, smiling crazily at me. I recognized him as Dabi, from the descriptions Tomura and Shota had.

I began to panic and threw a lamp at him from the table near the door. He dodged, then planted his palm on the wall. Steam began to rise from his hand. Even more flames erupted from his hand. He was teasing me, knowing I couldn't do anything. He was adding fuel to the fire, literally.

I had to do something. But I didn't have a water quirk or anything like that. I ran through the flames, but my quirk helped me stay immune to the fire and not get burned. I threw a punch at him. It wasn't going to stop the fire, but I didn't know what else to do. However, as soon as I tried to hit him, he disappeared. He was a clone.

I stared at the empty space where he stood before, steam filling the room now.

My eyes watered. How unlucky can I be in my life?

I ran out, not caring where I went, just away. Why did it have to be me? Why couldn't I do anything? Why am I so useless?

I stopped running as the thoughts kept going. I had subconsciously ran to Shota's house. It was still light out, but knowing him, he would be asleep by now. I knocked on his door, hoping he would answer anyway.

He did. His face was showing clear annoyance and drowsiness, but when he saw me, covered in ashes and crying, he immediately grabbed my arm and pulled me in. "What happened? Are you alright?"

I sniffed, then wiped my eyes. I couldn't let another problem like this bring me down. I've been through much worse. I shook my head, not trusting my voice. He brought me to his sofa and grabbed a tissue box nearby.

"I'll go get you some water," he said, starting to get up. I nodded, then closed my eyes, worn out.

---[Shota Aizawa's POV]---

When I heard the knock of the door, I didn't expect to see [Y/N] there, this late, crying.

It was a surprise for me, though I didn't ask much questions. She was covered in ash and I could only imagine what the villains had done.

When I settled her on the sofa and went to get her a drink, I noticed she looked especially... depressed?

I was thinking about what to do when I got back, but then saw her eyes closed, head rested on the arm of the sofa. "[Y/N]?" I called. No response. Is she asleep?

I put down the bottle of water on the table nearby and noticed that was indeed asleep. I didn't know if whether or not to wake her.

I searched her jacket pockets to find her phone, then reluctantly checked her jeans pockets when I didn't find it there. I found her phone in the back pocket.

Turning it on, I saw that her phone background was of a selfie of her and... me in the background? I was sleeping in my sleeping bag. I felt a hint of red some to my cheeks. She must have taken it at the school. She was probably bored, doing nothing while I slept.

l felt like I was invading her privacy too much. However, I went to her contacts to text Tomura Shigaraki.

You: hey, it's eraserhead
You: [Y/N]'s at my place
You: she came here crying and covered in ash
You: i think the other villain group attacked her or something
You: she fell asleep before i could ask
You: hello?
You: jeez, what a great brother-friend you are
Tomura: what a great boyfriend you are
You: hey, [Y/N]'s gonna see this
Tomura: good
Tomura: get off her phone right now then

Shigaraki didn't even say if he was coming or not. What kind of 'brother' is he? I snorted, putting the phone down on the table.

I then stood, getting a blanket from a closet and covering [Y/N] body with it.

A few minutes passed and suddenly, I heard a whimper from her. She was starting to shiver despite the blanket. My mind blanked out, not knowing what to do. She was starting to have nightmares now.Not thinking, I looked down at her pretty face and leaned down, putting my lips to hers. At first she panicked a bit, but I lingered there for a while, before I felt her calm down and I pulled away. She stopped whimpering and had a small smile on her face.

Staying by her a little little longer, I watched her sleeping calmly.

Why the fuck did I do that?