Chapter 48

---[Reader's POV]---

"Let's hang out sometime with Shota and the other teachers," Hizashi said. "We barely have time to have fun together anymore."

Hizashi was calling me as I wiped the tables at Teikou, setting the menus and taking the silverwares to be washed. The restaurant was closing at this time, so me and [BF/N] were cleaning up.

"True," I said. "But I've been busy helping out with [BF/N] and [M/N]."

"We can set a party there at Teikou!"

"What brought this up?"

I put the phone between my ears and neck, pouring a cup of coffee for myself as [BF/N] listened in on our conversation.

"Oh, since class 1A were graduating, I thought we could throw a little celebration. A since we teach them, we could throw a party for them! It'll be the night of the graduation."

"Not a bad idea," I mused. "I'll have to ask [M/N] if he'll allow a party here and all that. I'll text you later, all right?"

"Yep, I'll invite the whole class plus the other teachers!"

He then hung up. I sighed. I didn't even tell him that [M/N] agreed. Oh, well.

"He'll most likely agree, [Y/N]," [F/N] assured, reading my thoughts. "I'll tell him about it and we'll prepare. When is the graduation?"

"In two days," I said. "You sure he'll agree?"

"Of course! Now you go home and spend some time with your boyfriend; I'll help set up the party with [M/N]!"

I smiled, appreciating their help.

---\/---/\---\/---

You looked around at the crowded restaurant. [M/N] was off to the side with his arms crossed and a smile on his face, seemingly proud.

"[Y/N]!" he called when he spotted you.

You came up to him with an amazed look. When you came in to the restaurant, you didn't expect this much commotion. There was a lot of food and drinks, and music blared in the background.

"How did you do all this?" I asked. All 20 students were here, including some of their parents. Other students from class 1B were here as well. You saw Kirishima and Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu chatting together and Bakugou having an argument with Neito Monoma. At another table, you saw teachers drinking beer and talking.

I didn't see Shota, Hizashi, Nemuri, or [BF/N], however.

"I had to change the schedule to close it today to set up this party," [M/N] said. "It was fun to cook the food and have snacks and drinks brought here for everyone to enjoy."

"Thanks so much, [M/N]!" I smiled gratefully at him and set off to find your other friends. It wasn't hard to spot Hizashi's long yellow hair sticking up above the crowd of people. You saw him and Nemuri talking to [BF/N] at a table, and they immediately stopped when they saw me. "Hey guys!" I called, waving.

"Hey!" Hizashi said. "Just got here?"

I nodded, sitting down next to [BF/N]. "What were you guys talking about?"

The three nervously looked at each other, obviously hiding something. "It's a secret," Nemuri said slowly. Hizashi and [BF/N] nodded.

I raised my eyebrow. "Is it a surprise?" The three of them nodded again, and I decided to not question any further. "Fine. I'd like a surprise anyways."

I laughed as they let out a sigh of relief that I wasn't going to ask more questions about this 'secret'. "Do you know where Shota is?"

The three shook heir heads. "I think he's in a corner somewhere," Hizashi said, laughing. "We forced him to come, and he did, but you know how he is."

I nodded, then set off again to find my boyfriend. I saw him with his head resting on his arms at a table by the front desk, next to a familiar sea-green haired woman.

"Hey!" I called to them, waving. Shota and the woman turned around, and the woman gave me a big smile and waved. I came up to them and sat next to Shota. "Emi! What are you doing here?"

She was Emi Fukukado, or, Ms. Joke as her hero alias. I had met her back when the first Class 1A students had gotten their licenses, and I was a bit jealous then with the way she flirted with Shota. But later, we soon got along better.

"I thought I'd visit the class! After all, they seem to be Shota's favorite, and they've graduated today!" Emi exclaimed, then laughed. "I'm sure Shota will miss them!"

Shota huffed in annoyance at the optimistic woman next to him. He seemed to want to be anywhere else but here.

"Cheer up, Shota," I said, a grin on my face. "It's a party!"

"Yeah...." Shota yawned.

I poked him in his shins, tickling him and jolting him up. He glared at me as I gave him an innocent smile. Emi attempted to control her laughter but failed miserably.

"You know I don't like parties. And... the intention behind it was not just for the students' graduation...." He snorted.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Nevermind. You'll find out soon."

Emi didn't seem to know either, since she had shrugged when I gave her a questioning look.

"So many secrets," I murmured.

"Why aren't you hanging out with Hizashi and the others?" Shota asked Emi. "I'm sure they'll be more fun."

"But you'll be all alone!" Emi said, laughing. "Except with [Y/N], of course!"

"I'll like that," Shota muttered.

I giggled a bit, then watched Emi leave, winking at me.

"So how are you doing?" I asked Shota. He had put his head down on his crossed arms on the table, his eyes closed.

"Tired," he said simply.

"Work from yesterday?" He had sent me a text saying that we was staying over at Hizashi's, so I had assumed that he was either too lazy or too tired from his work to come back home. Probably both.

"That and Hizashi and Nemuri keeping me up to explain... stuff."

You gave a small laugh. "Your friends may be annoying, but they are friends."

"Mhm," he murmured, then swung his arm around me, hugging me closer. "Can't wait till tomorrow."

"How come?"

"You'll see."