Chapter 31

"Wait, they're gone?"

"Without a trace."

"Again?"

A few weeks passed and Tomura and Meleoron were talking about how the Dumb Double Duo-not really a double duo anymore-had disappeared. Tomura was especially annoyed, since he wanted revenge. He was angry at them for attacking and kidnapping him, and using him for their plan, burning down my house, and mainly just because he hated them.

I had told them about the fire and me staying over at Shota's, and Tomura was hesitant about that. I told him I wouldn't give away any villain plans he had, nor would I tell him any hero information. I didn't want to be a traitor.

Meleoron had given him photos of all the members of the trio from a few years ago. Katsumi had assembled specific people because of their quirks and motivations, keeping photos of everyone he thought he'd want in his plans. Meleoron was able to get ones of Miki, Aiko, and Katsumi.

Kurogiri was telling me about what Tomura had in mind, but wasn't able to do it because they were gone. I didn't really care what they did, as long as they didn't come back.

I was slightly disappointed that Tomura didn't have a place for me to stay since I wanted to spend more time with him. We hadn't had a proper, normal conversation in so long.

Suddenly, the door opened and man with gray hair and side bangs wearing round glasses came in. It was Giran, a villain and broker who scouts new recruits for the league for money.

"Shigaraki-san," he said. He was holding a cigarette in his hand. "You have been the talk of the town for the past few days. I hear you're starting something big-"

"And? Who are they?" Tomura crumbled the photos of the trio, turning them to dust.

Giran chuckled, then walked away. A moment later he came back with two other people, a boy and a girl. I recognized both of them.

"So it's you, huh?" The boy jeered. He was tall and slim with spiky hair. What really caught my attention was the patchwork on his face and other sections of his body. Those places were purple and wrinkled. "I saw you at the other villain group where I set a fire, but you look gross up close."

"Wow, the hand guy!" The girl pumped her hands up and down excitedly. "You're friends with Stain and [Y/N], right? Right?" She turned to face me, laughing happily. She brought her hands to her face and cocked her head. "Let me join too! The League of Villains!"

The boy pointed at Meleoron. "Weren't you part of the other villain group? What are you doing here?"

I growled at them angrily. "What are you doing here?"

"Kurogiri, get rid of these guys. Everything I hate came together in one set. "A brat and a rude guy who hurt [Y/N]." Tomura scowled behind the hand and I nodded, agreeing.

"Technically, it was the girl who hurt me and a clone of the boy who burnt down my house."

"Now, now," Kurogiri assured. "They came all the way to visit, so let's at least hear them out, Tomura Shigaraki. Besides, the big shot broker brought them. They bound to be valuable assets."

"They weren't able to stop me or Eraserhead," Tomura retorted.

Giran smiled confidentally at him. "I don't care what you do to them, but make sure I get my commision, Kurogiri-san." He walked up between the duo. "At least let me introduce them."

"We already know them," I interrupted. Meleoron had described them and told them their quirks a while ago. "Himiko Toga." I pointed at the girl. She was the girl I saw when I was captured. She had taken a bit of blood from me, happily telling me her name, Himiko Toga. And I already knew the boy, Dabi. I pointed at him. "And Dabi."

"So you remember!" Toga exclaimed. "You're such a great friend, [Y/N]! I wish I could have killed you! I wish I could have been you longer!" She turned to Tomura. "It's hard to live. I want the world to become and easier place to live! I want to become Mr. Stainy! I want to kill Mr. Stainy! So let me join the League of Villains, Tomura-kun!"

"I don't get her. Is she crazy?" Tomura asked.

Giran mentioned toward her. "She can hold a conversation for the most part. I'm sure she'll be of use." He turned to Dabi. "He hasn't committed any flashy crimes, but he holds fast to the hero killer's ideology."

"I'm uneasy about this," Dabi said. "Does this organization have a just cause? Don't tell me you're going to let this crazy woman in?"

Meleoron huffed. "You question them but how about the other group? You just decided to help them? And for what?"

Ignoring the question, Dabi said, "You joined this organization when you were still in the other group, who's practically enemies."

"I never said I was in the League of Villains."

"Hey you." Tomura nodded at Dabi. "You're an adult right? Dabi's not your real name. What is it?"

"I'll tell you when it's time," he jested. "Anyway, I will carry out the will of the hero killer."

"You don't have to say what you haven't been asked." Tomura stood up. "Jeez, everyone's so hung up about Stain, Stain... I don't like it."

I know him enough to see that he was about to attack them. Kurogiri also noticed, telling him, "You mustn't, Shigaraki!"

Tomura gave a creepy look at the duo, his eyes wide behind his hand. I quickly got out of the way.

"I don't feel so good." He poised to attack. "You're all no good!"

He reached out his hand quickly at them, Toga whipped out a knife, and Dabi grabbed at Tomura. Kurogiri swiftly used his quirk, his arms creating warp gates in front of their arms so that they disappeared in other directions.

Giran stood calmly by the door smoking when all this was happening. "Please calm down, Tomura Shigaraki. If what you wish is to come to pass, then we must increase the organization's numbers. Strangely enough, we're in the spotlight right now, so now is our chance. We should not be rejecting them, we should be receiving them."

Kurogiri's warp gate head whirled around to Tomura, whispering something in his ear. Tomura pulled his arms out of Kurogiri's portals. "Shut up." He walked to the door, opening it.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"Shut up!"

Oof. He's angry.

Kurogiri shifted his head back into his metal body as Tomura walked out, slamming the door behind him.

Giran scratched his head. "I don't want to complain about a client, but... he's young. Too young."

I snorted. "You don't know how old he is."

"Around your age?"

"You don't know my age."

"I thought you guys were going to kill us," Toga said. She turns to me and Kurogiri happily.

"That guy makes me sick...." Dabi commented.

Giran turned to Kurogiri. "Would it be alright to give you an answer at a later date? I believe he knows what he should do."

Kurogiri shook his head. "That's not the point. He knows what to do, but the reason he doesn't like these two is because these new recruits are people he's... not good with. And neither is [Y/N]."

I nodded, crossing my arms. I pointed at Toga. "She stabbed me."

"I was doing what Katsumi was telling me! He told me I could meet Mr. Stainy if I did!" Toga waved her knife around, showing that she'd stab him if she ever met Stain.

I snorted. "If that's all settled, I'll be taking my leave now." I walked out the door, wondering why the hell they were here and where Katsumi and the others were.