Chapter 30

Even though Kaminari and Ashido's quirks didn't affect me, they did think of ways to either stop me from stopping them or stop me from being able to move so that they can capture me.

We were in a place filled with tall buildings and structures. I didn't care which place I was in, so the students I was up against decided.

I soon found out why. Ashido has used her acid to melt most of the structures' bases and made them fall, using this to try and stop me from getting near them if I was in between the buildings.

I wasn't planning on that though, I was camping out near the exit, not too close and not too far. All I had to do was avoid being caught and stall them.

I didn't know what they planned and I was just waiting for them to come. I was better at hand-to-hand combat, anyways.

Soon, I saw a large bolt coming from my left, and sparks of electricity sparked from the metal of the buildings. I didn't feel the electricity at all, and I just stood there, focusing my attention to where the electricity had come from.

However, as I shifted my attention, I heard liquid slips and slides towards my right. Ashido was coming towards the exit, her feet secreting acid so that she could go faster.

I prepared to fight. The handicap of having the heavy cuffs were annoying, but not too bad.

She circled around me, and I saw Kaminari come running towards me. I quickly managed to grab on the Ashido's arm and she, out of reflexes, secreted acid pit of her other hand that was free and grabbed the arm that was holding her.

The acid didn't affect me, but Kaminari was going for entrance. I slid Ashido towards him, similar to curling.

She was still secreting acid from her feet, making her slide more, especially with the previous acid that was there.

Kaminari fell over when Ashido hit him. Kaminari had accidentally shocked Ashido when he fell, making her hair stand up. I didn't know who had the cuffs, so I stayed away from them a bit. They were close to the exit, but when they got up I was able to stop one while the other distracted me, no matter what they did.

They didn't have a clear plan on what the other had to do. They had plan A form the beginning for Kaminari to distract me while Ashido ran for the exit, but they didn't have plan B or C.

Pretty soon, they were out of time. I wen my to talk to them afterwards, giving them advise.

"Great job," I said. "You need to work on using your quirks together to make a better combination against me, in a way that's not direct since that won't affect me."

"Darn, we were really at a disadvantage if you didn't come out near the buildings!" Kaminari whined. "We had a plan for me to use my electricity into the metal since it would shock you a bit because it wouldn't be directly quirk electricity."

"And the buildings were supposed to block your way to us while we made a run to the exit," Ashido added on.

I smiled. "Always have a plan B."

"And if plan B doesn't work?" Kaminari grumbled.

"There's 24 other letters in the alphabet!"

---\/---/\---\/---

"Aizy," I whined. "Help me."

"Is 'Aizy' a shortened version of Aizawa?"

"Maybe."

"Don't call me that, it's weird."

"But there's not a cuter way to say 'Shota'."

We were back at Shota's and was discussing our own fights with the students. I had wanted him to help me improve my fighting skills more, but he refused. He was sitting on the sofa, trying to have a nap.

"You don't need help in increasing your fighting; you're decreasing your opponent's skill in fighting."

"I can't decrease their skill more than what my quirk already does. But I can improve myself."

"The enemies are used to fighting with their quirk doing damage, but if it doesn't, you can catch them off guard to fight back. You are good at hand-to-hand combat. Maybe you could train yourself in melee combat."

"Good idea," I said simply. "So help me do that. Please?"

He groaned. "Go ask Tomura."

I frowned. "He's a villain. Are you saying I belong with them more if I want to fight?"

"No, no," Shota quickly said. "Don't say that."

"Say what? That I don't belong with the villains? Then where do I belong? Certainly not the heroes!" I became angrier, for no apparent reason to Shota. "I've spied on them to help, yet I'm a traitor in both teams, loving a hero who's supposed to be an enemy!"

Shota hugged me, trying to calm me down. "You belong in both. Even though heroes and villains disagree and fight, we do have a heart. At least, most of us. I care about you, [Y/N]. And I'm sure Shigaraki does too, no matter which side you're on."

"But you don't like him," I countered. "He's your enemy."

"We're technically enemies to ourselves, criticizing ourselves everyday. When have you ever gone through a day not regretting or hating anything?"

"...Never."

"That's right." Shota smiled kindly at me while maintaining his serious look. "So don't you dare tell me you don't belong when we're all going through the same thing. Because either way... you belong in my heart."

I smiled back, laughing a bit at the cheesy line, and kissed him. "I love you, Shota."