Chapter 13

I didn't have any nightmares.

I woke up, for the first time in years, without a hoarse voice or sweat dripping. Was this some sort of sleeping pill effect?

I realized I was on a bed, my arms hugging around a soft pillow.

I straitened up, looking around more. That's when I realized I wasn't hugging a pillow. It was Shota.

My face turned red and I scrambled out of the bed. He must have carried me here when I fell asleep, and then fallen asleep himself.

I heard a buzz and felt a vibration from my pants pocket. I still had my phone, surprisingly.

It was 5 in the morning, and, judging by the time stamps, I had slept for about 5 hours. It was a miracle.

I had received texts when I was unconscious after the attack from Stain, or, fake Stain. Then more texts when I had slept again. I looked through the texts and then I texted back.

8 hours ago
Tomura: hey, sorry for not giving you any news
Tomura: where are you?

5 hours ago
Tomura: it's been weeks since you've slept, don't you need help?
Tomura: we need you soon for a plan

Just now
Tomura: please reply asap

You: hey, i'm at eraserhead's
You: he helped me out a while ago when i was attacked
You: i passed out but he woke me up
You: then i slept with him again since i was still tired
Tomura: ...
You: ITS NOT THE WAY THAT SOUNDED I SWEAR
You: anyways what did you need me for?
Tomura: kk. you need to get here right now
You: hold on, i'm in the middle of something
You: give me about an hour max
Tomura: fine. hurry up

"And who were you texting?"

Shota's voice made me jump. "The close friend I was talking about earlier." I put my phone back in my pocket. "Thanks for carrying me here."

He nodded. "I have a few more questions for you, if you don't mind." He got up from the bed.

I then notice the room's details. It was small and plain, with a desk and chair. It was your standard bedroom. Shota sat down on the chair and I sat on the bed. "Go ahead." The least I could do was answer Shota's questions, after he saved me. Plus, he helped me sleep. Normally.

"Were you at the USJ, before your interview?"

I hesitated. I had lied before, but this time, I felt that I could trust him. But I couldn't betray Tomura.... I decided to do the safer route. "Yes."

He nodded, seemingly thankful. "Why?"

Hesitant, I answered truthfully. "I was helping out a friend, to observe...." I stop, then say guiltily, "You could say I'm a villain, I was observing you heroes and delivering the information to the leader, Tomura." I hesitated more before saying the next part. "Aren't you going to arrest me or something? I work with villains. I spy for them. I am a villain."

I waited for Shota to do something, tied me up and arrest me or something. But his face gave away nothing. "You're not a villain if you haven't committed any crimes like murder or thieving, in my eyes." He continued asking questions.

"What's your relationship with Tomura?"

"He's that close friend I told you about, the one I've been texting just now."

"Are you together?"

"Wait, what? No! He's like a brother to me!" I scoffed, surprised at this question. "Why are you interested in my love relationships?"

"No reason." Shota stood up again. "Thanks for answering my questions. I'm sorry if I pushed you too far with the personal ones."

I shook my head. "Thank you for helping me sleep and praising my quirk. I really appreciate the kindness."

"Of course. If you need help sleeping again, I'm sure I can help if you need something to hug." He smirked as my face flushed red.

"S-shut up!" I said, then blurted out, "You're cute when you're in that sleeping bag, y'know. Looks like a caterpillar."

I immediately regretted what I said, but when I saw a small hint of red appeared on his cheeks as he turned away, and I smirked, deciding it was worth it.