Chapter 16

Shigaraki started scratching his neck, the first sign that Aiko's quirk was wearing off.

"There's only four members in the group, but they're strong when they're targeting another group of 4 or less.

"There's Meleoron, who looks like a human chameleon. He usually wears a white hoodie with baggy sweatpants. His quirk is invisibility. He calls it "Perfect Plan" and can allow him to conceal his presence, making him invisible. You can't sense him at all except by smell. And if you brush against him, you won't feel him. He can only do this when he's holding his breath, however. The last time we fought them he could hold his breath for about 5 minutes. Now, probably longer.

"There's Miki, who has dark hair and glasses. He's the one who can make portals. He called it "Hide and Seek". He can only make them on solid, flat surfaces. The portals are invisible, but can be used visible and used when you put your palm against where it is. They last for 24 hours. Miki can determine who can use it and who can't.

"Then there's Aiko, the woman who had pink hair. She can make people feel certain emotions, and develop traits for a certain amount of time. She can also know what other people are feeling. The quirk is called "Empathy and Sympathy". It works better if Aiko actually feels that emotion, then she can better transfer that to people. She can do it to multiple people at once, even large crowds. For traits, it requires more focus and energy. That's why she was here and made me obedient to answer and stay calm. However, she must know the names of her targets. I believe there's also a certain radius she has to be in for the effect to work."

"Last, the leader, Katsumi. He has black hair and usually wears a long black jacket. He has the quirk "Clone". As the name suggests, he can clone anything nonliving or living. Nonliving things he can create easily, but they will disappear in a month, which is pretty long. Living things, however, he can only control one at a time and they will last about an hour, maybe longer. He can command and control them. Commanding takes less energy but there's less control over what the clone does. However, he can physically control a clone if he abandons his main body, leaving it unconscious somewhere else. It's a risky move, but he seemed to do it to your clone. He can only make clones of people he knows the name of, and he need to know secret, big or small, to be able to clone them. He can also clone their quirk, but only if he hears them admit a big secret. It's sort of like blackmail. It also requires a lot of energy to use the clone's quirk and only for 1 minute at a time before losing control of the clone or having it disappear. His quirk is the most confusing with those conditions, but is very useful and powerful if used right.

"I think that if you used your quirk on a clone of Katsumi, it would either disappear, or be unable to do anything unless commanded again."

Shigaraki rested his arms on the bar and stared at me. I raised an eyebrow. "Continue. That's all the members of the group right?"

"Yeah. They had followed [Y/N] here, and Meleoron and Miki stalled her. It only took a few minutes, but they managed to get a voice recording and possibly a photo for fake you. They're going to frame you as a traitor."

"You mean the traitor for the USJ incident? Who is the traitor really?"

Shigaraki glared at me. ""You think I'm going to tell you, Eraserhead? The traitor has nothing to do with this. At all."

"Why didn't they kill you then? You said you and that group didn't like each other."

"We don't. But we have the same goal in mind: to kill All Might. We both have our own different ways of achieving that, but they use us to get information. I wanted to recruit them, but they wanted to stay hidden in the news while we wanted to be more popular and get attention; to strike fear. They said they wanted to capture you, so I helped them do that. But I didn't know they were going to take [Y/N]."

It was kind of awkward to listen to him talk about capturing me and killing All Might, who I was with most of the time. "What did they get the voice recording of?"

"Fake you telling me the location of Class 1A in the summer."

I frowned at this. "They got the right information? From who?"

"Me. I got the information from the real traitor, and they asked me. I had to answer, so I told them. And they recorded fake you telling me.

"Then they're probably going to give the recording to Nezu. Aiko is going to use her quirk to cause distrust and anger at you, since they were able to get a list of all the teachers and students' names that knows you. Because of this, Aiko will be weak and vulnerable when she's doing that.

"I'm not sure why they're targeting you first, but probably because they want to get rid of the quirk-eraser person to make their next move easier. That's what I would do."

"And how do you know all this?" I asked.

"I'm a villain. It's would I would do," Shigaraki said plainly. "I know them better than you."

"Exactly. How would I know if you're not a clone of the real Shigaraki and lying to me about the quirks and really working with them?"

"It's your choice if you believe me or not, Eraserhead. I'm the only one that you can trust, or can trust you."

I stare distrustfully at the blue-haired villain, but he was right. If he wasn't lying, then the other group would already have framed me. They seemed like they were really skilled with their quirks, and my quirk wasn't able to erase Miki's quirk, since they were still able to pass through the portal. If I had any chance of saving [Y/N], it would be to trust Shigaraki, at least for now.

"What's keeping Aiko from using her quirk on you again?" I asked.

"They probably don't think I'm going to offer to help you. Plus, you can use your quirk on me and it will also erase the effects of Aiko's."

"What do you think their main goal is?"

"To kill All Might, which I have no objection to, but I won't allow them to do it. I don't like them. They probably plan on separating the powerful heroes apart and destroying them one by one."

I almost laughed at the childishness of Shigaraki when he said he didn't like them. "Alright, fine." I stuck my hand out. "Truce?"

I was ready to use my quirk if he tried to turn my hand to dust, but he didn't. He shook it, keeping one finger off.

"Truce."

---<>---><---<>---

A/N: Katsumi is a friend's Hunter x Hunter OC with a certain Nen ability which is why the quirk is so weird xD