Chapter 43

Weeks passed, and [Y/N] didn't wake up. A new part of the U. A. was going to be built for the students, and they'll be moving into dorms when they're done.

Bakugou had asked me, privately, about the villains mentioning [Y/N] as a spy. He wondered if there were some sort of connection to that and the car accident, but I denied that. I told him that [Y/N] wasn't a spy anymore, and that the villain and hero that was at the accident had nothing to do with the League of Villains.

He promised to not tell anyone.

I visited [Y/N] everyday whenever I could, and Motoki had told me that she was in a persistent vegistative state: A state of severe unconsciousness. He told me that [Y/N] could appear to be awake, but isn't actually aware. She could yawn, make sounds, or move her hands, but it was all involuntarily. However, it did make me have a spark of hope whenever I saw her hand twitch, or her eyelids flutter.

She would still be alive.

Meleoron and Shigaraki came in to visit regularly, but Shigaraki came less and less often. I was glad he cared for her, though. Meleoron blamed himself for letting [Y/N] get hurt. He was the last one to prevent her from going to the camp, but failed. He had tried his best to avoid me, fearing that I would blame him. I kind of did, but I forgave him.

Sooner or later, she'll wake up.

---\/---/\---\/---

And she did.

The students have moved into the newly built dorms of U. A. for class 1A. They've conformed to the new environment, but they were all still worried about [Y/N]. Weeks passed and they started working on making their ultimate moves with their quirks.

That day, I visited [Y/N] as usual, and the heartbeat monitor beeped slightly faster than before. I was slightly worried, but when [Y/N]'s breathing started to rapidly increase, I started to panic.

She let out a garbled gasp and her eyes opened. "[Y/N]!" I yelled, taking her bandaged hand, attempting to calm her.

"N-no! Don't!" She waved her arms around frantically. I immediately called for a nurse or doctor, not knowing what else to do. Three of them rushed to the room, one of them urging me out the door. I heard a screaming through the shut doors, and I started to panic. I couldn't do anything

Hizashi was just coming to visit, and we both waited outside anxiously. A low hum came from another room.

"What happened?" Hizashi asked.

"[Y/N] woke up."

Hizashi understood the tone of my voice and didn't ask any more questions.

Later, a nurse came out to get Motoki. He came and went into the room, checking on [Y/N]. Hizashi and I waited for news.

Then, after what seemed like days, they finally let us in. [Y/N] was up, the oxygen mask no longer on her face, but the tubes were still in her. She was staring blankly into the air.

Motoki gestured towards seats and we sat down, [Y/N] not reacting at all.

"She's normal," Motoki assured me. "This is normal for coma patients to wake up like this."

"...Normal...?" I asked. This did not seem normal at all.

"When coma patients wake up, they usually don't remember what had happened for a short period of time. Sometimes they'd have to relearn how to eat, talk, and walk. It'll take a few days to a few weeks for her to fully recover. She may have trouble sleeping, since you mentioned she had insomnia. Nightmares will be a problem for her. She may have also have hallucinations."

"So she'll have like a temporary memory loss?" Hizashi asked. I was too shocked to speak myself.

Motoki nodded. "We'll continue supplying her with nutrients and water through the tubes until she gets better and can feed herself. However, it may take a while for her to do so."

He continued to explain the needs and what will happen to her.

I nodded, understanding the situation. At least she was alive.